Tickets Fixed 1.5.9 Escalations not working (as one would expect them to work)

Freelancer

Not sure if it works now, maybe I just use the wrong settings... This is still an issue:
1.5.7 Escalations not working...

I now have responded to a ticket that was "OPEN" and then the escalation should automatically change it into "PENDING" but it does not work...

The settings a little bit confusing to me... Could you please explain the settings in Detail... What does what and what can we expect from which setting? Please, it needs clarification. So I can analyze if this is a bug or just a wrong setting.

escalation_pending.jpg

Change the type to per message.

The always setting is kind of pointless now and is dropped in the next version.

To clarify a little though (on mobile so excuse typos)...

“Always” has been replaced so don’t need to worry about that. It doesn’t really have a use case so it’ll be removed in the next version.

“Once per ticket” will check a ticket but will trigger an escalation only once throughout the ticket. Doesn’t matter about subsequent replies or anything like that, once it’s triggered it won’t be triggered again.

“Once per ticket message” will check the ticket but will only execute once per message. If a reply has triggered escalation X, that escalation will not trigger again until another, new, message meets its criteria.

Does that clear it up a little?

I use once per ticket for some API stuff and once per message to fire off reminders on my live boards. It works reasonably well and the next release has some minor under-the-hood clean up and optimisations. But aside from that, works well.

I’ll add some detailed help text to the options to clear them up since it seems they confuse people.

Unfortunately none does work...

I use the following configuration of an escalation that shall set the ticket to "Pending" automatically once a Staff member replies.

This is the exact setup:
Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-14 um 22.20.08.jpg Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-14 um 22.20.20.jpg

In older versions prior to the new execution functionality it worked well. Now no configuration works. I also think that there should be at least a JS Script running that updates the status in the moment the staff reply is posted.

It seems that the cron Run Escalations is causing deferred.php to run over the maximum execution time. Which results in daily errors. I have 260k users so the cron runs for a very long time.

I'd also like to suggest to use specific daily cron run time, instead of 12:00 AM because anyone sets their cron like that and this makes it hard to debug the issue.

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 9:11 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php(164): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\n\t\t\tINSERT INTO...', Array)
#3 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(175): XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->set('deferredRun', 1520988554)
#4 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(146): XenForo_Model_Deferred->updateNextDeferredTime()
#5 /library/XenForo/Application.php(1482): XenForo_Model_Deferred->defer('NixFifty_Ticket...', Array, 'NFTicketsEscala...', 0, 1520988554)
#6 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(338): XenForo_Application::defer('NixFifty_Ticket...', Array, 'NFTicketsEscala...', 0, 1520988554, true)
#7 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999499321, 'Escalating... T...', true)
#8 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, 8, 'Escalating... T...', true)
#9 /deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(36) "https://forum.com/deferred.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(69) "/threads/ 113629/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

I've made some improvements to the escalations system to make it easier to understand and quicker to perform actions.

Edit: I've also moved the cron timing away from the hour mark.

Back