Calendar Article View for all upcoming Events

For the Events homepage it would be nice to get some inspiration from the top events & ticketing websites and applications.

Ticketmaster
Tickets for Concerts, Festivals, Clubs | Buy tickets at Ticketmaster.nl
At the top they have filters for category, month, locations.
Featured Events slider at the top.
Under that a News View block per category.

ViaGoGo
https://www.viagogo.com/London
At the top they have filters for category.
Trending Events Tile View block at the top.
Search / filter block for date, category, ticket price.
List View which includes ticket price.

EventBrite
Eventbrite
At the top they have search filters for name, category, date, location.
Popular Events block at the top.
Top Categories Grid below that.

Facebook Events
Navigation links for Events, Calendar, Birthdays, Discover.
Create Event at the top.
Popular Events Carousels.
Under that Article View Events listing.
On the right: Time filters, Category filter, Upcoming Birthdays.
Connector to Outlook, Google Calendar.

Eventually it would be nice if we can replicate much of the above on our Main Events Page.

Now that these two suggestions are merged: I think it would be nice to start with article view, but to later add more layout types as well as Modular View for the homepage.

That would be very cool.
However, I think it would be best to move post 4 and up to a new thread 'modular view for home page'.
Otherwise the suggestion will be marked as implemented and the above part will be lost.

I wanted to get this in to beta 6 & 7 but some other things took priority. This is still definitely on my agenda.

Most of my recent focus, Calendar-wise, has been getting the XF2 version up to feature parity as I've had some large clients interested in it. :whistle:

I wanted to get this in to beta 6 & 7 but some other things took priority. This is still definitely on my agenda.
Great! Pretty much waiting on more useful/better layout for upcoming events to be able to use this in production :)

There is now an option to change the default layout to the event view via the ACP.

Regardless of the choice, there is a link to flick to event view or calendar view depending on which one you're on.

Back