Tickets Assign staff to departments/categories

Alpha1

Often specific staff members are assigned to specific departments / categories. It would be useful if the helpdesk would have functionality to cater to this.

The basics are similar to adding a moderator to a node: /admin.php?moderators/
The admin will be able to add one or more staff members to a category and set moderator permissions.

Staff not assigned to a category will not see the tickets/replies/content in that category. Preferably not even see the category in the sidebar at all. Not any details about tickets / number of tickets in categories unassigned.

It's pertinent that if a staff member is not specifically assigned to a category, they will not have access to the category content. No matter if the user is administrator, supermoderator, etc.

Staff assigned to a category will see the tickets/replies/content/number of open tickets in that category.

Staff assigned to a category is responsible for processing the tickets in that category.
The number of open tickets in the moderator bar, relate to the number of open tickets in the categories that the staff member is assigned to.

The following members need this implemented:
@dadparvar
@chunkie
@freelancer
@fayettemat

Upvote 1
This one is essential to me. There is no way to use the addon without this function.
This feature boils down to having privacy in a category / department. It allows us to have some staff handle specific types of tickets, while not having access to other categories. For example: some staff can handle forum use support, but not have access to donation transaction data.

I am hoping to see this one in the near future.

As far as the current version is, this is implemented. You can set permissions PER CATEGORY...

The only thing that is missing is the Permissions PER RESPONSE. Which User Group can see/use which response is missing. This needs to be added, then this thing is settled.

I need to be able to assign staff members to a category. Not a usergroup.
So Moderator1 can handle the 'site use' category, but not 'donations'. Moderator2 can handle the category 'infractions & bans'. moderator3 can handle the category 'donations'. etc.

Most of the code for this is done. I need to make some improvements with regards to permission checking and then this should be good to go. I'm targeting the next version for this.

Marking this as implemented since this is wrapped up in 1.4.9. There's still some other unrelated stuff that I want to get in to this version so there's a few more days to go but otherwise, this one's done. :)

ACP -> Applications -> Ticket Categories -> Permissions

Fill in a username in the top right and set permissions.

I've just realised there's still a bunch of things I need to improve regarding it though.

I've just realised there's still a bunch of things I need to improve regarding it though.
Yes, the point is that a staff member should not see tickets in a department unless they are assigned to it. No matter if the staff member is moderator, supermoderator or admin. Only superadmin should have full access.
This is pretty vital because without such setup it will not be possible to use this addon on a live site.

Currently, that's the case. If I assign a normal User to Example Category and give them mod permissions there, they'll only be able to see categories in that section, etc.

The UI needs to be updated in a couple places to account for this but I'll probably get that sorted in the next beta or so. :)

OK. but what if I have admins opr supermods that I do not assign to any categories? Will they see any tickets?

Once the UI changes are done and you've currently set the permissions, then no. They will not, unless explicitly granted permission.

Once the UI changes are done and you've currently set the permissions, then no. They will not, unless explicitly granted permission.
Does this fully work now?
Please advise how to set up a category that only specific staff members can see tickets in.

@NixFifty
Please explain. This function is needed to avoid problems.
I need to use this so that my members can share their account upgrade payment details in private.
Also: I cannot install Tickets on other sites unless teams can work in departments only.

Last edited:
Back