Calendar Automatically create thread in forum

Affected version
Hi,

when i select a forum under "Automatically create thread in forum" on the calendar settings, i'm not be able to create regular threads in that forum anymore. The post thread button disappears and it says i don't have the permission to create a new thread.

That shouldn't be the case, right? I still would like to have regular threads in that forum. :)

I have a workaround, since I have instructional threads relating to events. I create the thread in another forum, and then move it into the forum with the event topics. It's not a perfect method, but it works.

I just rain in this problem with 4.1 once I remove the option from event calendar I able to post in the thread so this is a ongoing problem I would like to have all event be post as well in there selected thread to us discord integration , this is my fist time setting things up and notice this big bug that breaks user and group permissions is not good.

It's not a bug, but a feature of how the calendar integrates within discussions.
if its stopping you from creating any new thread in it then yes its a bug and if you saying its not a bug then that option prevents it to integrate within discussions makes the hole Calendar a 60 dolor paperweight.

if its stopping you from creating any new thread in it then yes its a bug and if you saying its not a bug then that option prevents it to integrate within discussions makes the hole Calendar a 60 dolor paperweight.
You're being emotional, and illogical. Just add another (child/sibling)node for the calendar topics. If you have events topics seperate to (and not shown in) your calendar, you'll likely be a minority case.

You're being emotional, and illogical. Just add another (child/sibling)node for the calendar topics. If you have events topics seperate to (and not shown in) your calendar, you'll likely be a minority case.
It is not illogical to do extra work for some broken permissions and a feature that is not working, so the logical move right now was just to uninstall it and install [8WR] XenAtendo 2 (Calendar) as his permissions and post to thread feature is working as attended.

Its already been explained that nothing is "broken" or "not working". See here:
It's not a bug, but a feature of how the calendar integrates within discussions.

I may add an option to allow normal threads to be posted in the next version but for now, this is completely expected.

Back