Calendar Beta 8: Event Dates (End before Start Issue)

Freelancer

Now the end date automatically adjusts to a changed start date... Day and Time... this is awesome... :)

But: I can trick out the system once I change the end date to a day before the start date... I can then save the event and the system does not react.

I would recommend that it at least produces an Error while the user hits "save" like:

"The end date can not be before the start date" or similar...

Upvote 0
I'm a bit confused with this and some of your other reports since they look like caching issues.

Do you have more detailed steps on how to reproduce this one? If I set the start date to today (22 May), the end date is also set to 22 May. If I then set the end date to 21 May or even 20 May, the start date also becomes 21 May or 20 May depending on my choice.

I would recommend that it at least produces an Error while the user hits "save" like:

"The end date can not be before the start date" or similar...
You're seeing that here: https://nixfifty.com/threads/beta-8-server-error-after-rebuilding-events.6766/

If I then set the end date to 21 May or even 20 May, the start date also becomes 21 May or 20 May depending on my choice.

That is true... I did miss to mention that, sorry. On one side it is good but on the other side it could lead to users that just did this by accident create events at dates that shouldn't exist, without any "system feedback". What I think would be great would be at least a Modal that does not interrupt the event creation but pops up and reads "You did set the end date before the start date. The start date will be adjusted. Are you sure?"

The JS will now kick back some feedback when the start date has been automatically adjusted. I may tweak the appearance of it but this is what it looks like:

VStKz1y.png

The text just magically appears when the end date is before the start date.

Back