Calendar Beta 8: MySQL missing columns

URL = /events/calendar/example-calendar.1/

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'cover_image_id' in 'field list'

Unable to render the calendar page at all.

Last edited:
Server Error Log
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'xf_nf_calendar_event.event_view_count' in 'field list' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(40) "https://dev.mysite/deferred.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(4) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(10) "/admin.php"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Delete...Close

URL = /events/add

Server Error Log
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'event_location' in 'field list' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(41) "https://dev.mysite/events/0/save"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/events/0/save"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(15) {
["event_title"] => string(4) "Test"
["start_date"] => string(10) "2018-05-24"
["start_time"] => string(5) "18:00"
["end_date"] => string(10) "2018-05-24"
["end_time"] => string(5) "21:00"
["description_html"] => string(20) "<p>Testign 1-2-3</p>"
["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(38) "https://dev.mysite/events/add"
["event_location"] => string(0) ""
["timezone"] => string(16) "Australia/Sydney"
["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "858cc2faaeecba9da38550c8dc644c27"
["calendar_id"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(11) "/events/add"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Unable to create any events

Still impossible to do any testing with Beta 8 on a fresh install, because of all these SQL errors and inability to create events or look at calendar pages.

Awaiting Beta 9 release. Hopefully it will actually work out of the box for a fresh install. Only takes 15 mins to check.

Both code paths for install and upgrade were tested before pushing out Beta 8. I can only assume you have an opcache or something else causing a conflict.

I literally just tried a fresh install and was not able to replicate any of these errors.

I can only assume you have an opcache or something else causing a conflict.
Why would an opcache or conflict cause only partial creation of table columns/indexes? I would think in either case, you'd get entire tables not created? As it's a fresh install of calendar files on my DEV site, I don't think an opcache could apply either?

Why would an opcache or conflict cause only partial creation of table columns/indexes? I would think in either case, you'd get entire tables not created? As it's a fresh install of calendar files on my DEV site, I don't think an opcache could apply either?
I was thinking you may have files from a previous beta (as per your other report). Also, they're not really partial creations but more like older versions of the tables, for example you seem to be missing columns for recurring event options which were only added recently. So I'm guessing something's gone wonky and you've got an old installer kicking about in opcache. Again, just a guess. I tried out an upgrade and install right before pushing this out and I also tried it again today and it definitely works.

My recommendation would be to check your dev site's db and make sure there's no calendar related tables, upload fresh files + flush your opcache (or just use the addon installer) and try the install process again.

It's a bit of a pain so I do apologise.

My recommendation would be to check your dev site's db and make sure there's no calendar related tables
Apologies, this was the issue. :unsure::oops:

Discovered my prod -> dev replication script wasn't dropping the dev database before importing the prod db, and thus I had some xf_nf_event* tables from a very early beta.

None of the above MySQL errors have occurred after doing the fresh install again.

Reactions: Naz
Back