Calendar Calendar SYNC with Nobita Social Groups Calendar

Freelancer

Nobita's Social Groups add-on has a Event/Calendar included in every group. It would be a great thing to make both add-ons support each other.
  1. Create Events that are sync'ed to both calendars depending on the social group
  2. Privacy (visibility) of events depending on the group privacy.
So if one posts an event in a social group that has its privacy set to "open", the event will be displayed on the main calendar too. If the group is "closed" or even "secret", the event can not be seen. (Moderator Permissions should be included like "bypass event privacy").

If one creates an event for the NixFifty Calendar, he can chose between a public, member, group event where public shows it to unregistered visitors, member shows it to registered users and "group" enables him to pick a certain social group where the event is synced.

Upvote 0
Here some more conceptual thoughts that might be helpful:

1. There should be one Calendar created per Social Group.
  2. The Calendar should respect the individual group's privacy settings: "Open", "Closed", "Secret" as DEFAULT*.
  3. The individual event's privacy setting in the group should OVERRIDE** the groups privacy setting (see screenshots below)
  4. **There should be a permission that allows you to "Override Social Group's Privacy Setting with each Event" (So Moderators or Social Group admins could override the privacy with the individual event but the ordinary Social Group members can not post "open" events by accident while the Group's privacy settings are "Closed" or "Secret" for example...)
  5. The Group permissions should be carried over to the "Calendar" Add-on as far as for the individual Group Calendar. So if a user can create, edit, delete etc an event in a Social Group, he should be able to do this in the "Calendar" Add-on too but only for those groups where he has the permissions for.
  6. Automatically SYNC Group Calendars with "Calendar" add-on event calendars every time a user creates, edits, deletes an event in either a Social Group or the "Calendar" Add-on itself.
*2) Default "Visibility" for events created in a Social Group depend on the specific group's privacy settings:
Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-22 um 10.54.47.jpg

**3) + 4) The Event privacy settings should override the groups default privacy setting, depending on the user's permissions.
Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-22 um 10.55.57.jpg

Is sync with Google Calendar(s) a pre or post 1.0.0 thing?
You mean like pulling events from a predefined calendar from Google or pulling events from someone else’s shared Google calendar?

You mean like pulling events from a predefined calendar from Google or pulling events from someone else’s shared Google calendar?
I mean two-way sync with a defined google calendar. The objective being that site members can subscribe to the calendar and automatically see the events on their personal calendar apps.

Will this be a thing? :D
I'll have to look in to it again but IIRC, each social group has their own calendar I believe? Thus it should be relatively straightforward to feed those events to the main Calendar.

I'm back from my personal commitments tomorrow and I plan on knocking out updates to a bunch of stuff and then I can take a better look at this.

each social group has their own calendar I believe
Yup, that's the case. Would be cool to have both add-ons communicate with each other. Let the Group Owner choose a Calendar of the Main Calendar where to sync to per Group. And admins can make Calendars that are reserved for Social Groups' Events.

Back