1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gift Upgrades Compatibility with Xon's User Upgrade Permissions

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Freelancer, Mar 12, 2018 at 10:54 AM.

1. Freelancer

Freelancer Well-Known Member

In the ACP I can select which user groups can have user upgrades and which user group is excluded through @Xon 's add-on User Upgrade Permissions. However the link "Gift Upgrade" is still displayed for that users in the group in the threads, on the member cards, in the profiles' top right and the profile posts... etc.

Wasn't that a feature that was already implemented in the past and now has been gone (v1.5.2) ?
  2. NixFifty

NixFifty Administrator Staff Member

I suspect it doesn’t work with content gifting but does with the account upgrades gift process.

I’ll poke it later today. :)
    Freelancer likes this.
  3. Freelancer

But I also mentioned account upgrades. Member View and Member Card are account upgrades only.
  4. NixFifty

NixFifty Administrator Staff Member

No, the account upgrades process is when someone actually goes to yoursite.com/account/upgrades to buy an upgrade whereas content gifting is when the gift button appears anywhere else (posts, threads, member profiles, events, etc).

Under the hood, they're two distinct systems. One of my own creation and one bolted on to the XF's user upgrade process.
    Freelancer and ALfa1 like this.
  5. Freelancer

Aaaah I see ... I didn’t knew that it is separate functionality. So it means that you currently can’t go into your own Account Upgrades page and then gift a specific account upgrade to a user who is not allowed to have that one but still can do so in the content context. It would be nice then to extend it to all other areas because I will then exclude Admin and Staff from being gifted account upgrades entirely.