Calendar Convert Thread to Event (Moderator Permission)

... and thread OP also to be able to convert the thread (as long as thread is in an associated event calendar node) to an event. Automatic post made in the thread that it has been converted to an event, with hyperlink for the event view.

I think it is more like a moderator permission. Giving the OP the ability to create an event from his thread will end in a total mess of events on the Calendar Page. Just my opinion. Maybe if it is an extra user permission like "Can Convert Own Thread to Event" then I can at least limit the ability to a small circle of users.

OP = Can Convert Own Thread
I see very little risk in a total mess between the ability to create an event vs convert a thread to event. How is the outcome different?

How is the outcome different?
Because I am not quite sure how you could isolate the ability to convert threads into an event IF IT IS NOT based on a permission... with every OP having the ability to convert any of his posts into events it would go too far. If you think of limiting it to certain forums that are associated with the Calendar add-on you are either again into terms of "permissions" or a workaround acp design feature that does not really make sense because a permission per node would do the job.

My thinking is ... if the thread is in a node associated to a calendar AND user is the thread creator AND user has create event permissions, then show menu item to convert thread to event.

node associated to a calendar AND user is the thread creator AND user has create event permissions
That exactly is what one more permission “Can Convert own Thread to Event” would be sufficient for and would give the admin far more flexibility than a proprietary solution.

That exactly is what one more permission “Can Convert own Thread to Event” would be sufficient for and would give the admin far more flexibility than a proprietary solution.
We already have "Create events" permission. Under what scenario would you allow a user to create an event, but not convert their thread to an event?

Back