Discord Integration

CamP

Thanks Ev1dentFir3 for kicking off this suggestion. A lot of us are still looking forward to Discord integration with Xenforo. Feel free to continue discussing/suggesting new features here!

Upvote 2
We hit a pretty significant milestone today and a lot of functionality is pretty much good to go. Got one more feature to add and some install instructions to write before releasing it as a beta.

If you guys have any small suggestions / ideas of things you'd like to see, now would be a good time and I'll try and get them in for the first beta. :)

Sounds amazing! Can't wait to get this downloaded and installed! Our community will defiantly benefit from this. :)

I'm not sure if this is already a thing, but if not, are there currently any plans to link up forum and Discord usergroups?
So that for example, if you're a member of forum group A you get added to Discord group A, and when removed on the forum end you get removed from it on Discord as well? I suppose a cron entry similar to usergroup promotions would work best for this.

My community (and others I'm sure) would benefit a lot from not having to maintain a secondary set of identical permission groups to manage independently of the other.

I'm not sure if this is already a thing, but if not, are there currently any plans to link up forum and Discord usergroups?
So that for example, if you're a member of forum group A you get added to Discord group A, and when removed on the forum end you get removed from it on Discord as well? I suppose a cron entry similar to usergroup promotions would work best for this.

My community (and others I'm sure) would benefit a lot from not having to maintain a secondary set of identical permission groups to manage independently of the other.
This is part of the add-on. :D

How exactly does this feature work:
  • Automatically post links to threads from XenForo forums to defined Discord channels as soon as their posted. The user who posted the thread, the thread title and a link to the thread are included in the message.
Is it in a similar vein to this addon? https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xs-discord.5400/
For the time being I can't seem to locate where to configure it.

How exactly does this feature work:
  • Automatically post links to threads from XenForo forums to defined Discord channels as soon as their posted. The user who posted the thread, the thread title and a link to the thread are included in the message.
Is it in a similar vein to this addon? https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xs-discord.5400/
For the time being I can't seem to locate where to configure it.
When editing a forum you can choose to set enable this feature and set a channel to post to.
Shown in the screenshot below
3RW3oB.png

Back