Calendar Moving Events around Calendars causes Issues

Freelancer

EDIT: If you MOVE an event from a parent calendar to a child calendar from one calendar to another, the following happens:
  1. Child Calendars do not display events in the parent calendars (do not appear)
  2. Child Calendars do not have their own calendar page (month/day/week etc)*
  3. Child Calendars add the max count of events to the parent calendar (1 event in the parent and 1 event in the child calendar shows "3" in the parent calendar but it should show "2" of course)
*Seems to be "as designed"

Last edited:
Child Calendars do not display events in the parent calendars (do not appear)
FYI, this is working OK for me. I just created new top-level parent and a child calendars, and added a single event to each. When I'm viewing the top-level/parent calendar (eg. /events/calendar/parent.3/ ) I can see it's child calendar events too. (screenshot below)

But, child calendar events are not showing on the calendar homepage ( /events/ ) calendar.

Child Calendars do not have their own calendar page (month/day/week etc)
I thought all of the individual calendars only had a List Layout view of their events. Have a missed an option somewhere?
Child Calendars add the max count of events to the parent calendar (1 event in the parent and 1 event in the child calendar shows "3" in the parent calendar but it should show "2" of course)
FYI, this one appears to be working OK for me ...
Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 16.46.20.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 16.46.59.png

I should have mentioned that if you "move" events from a parent calendar to a child calendar... I am sorry, that detail is missing in my bug report...

Now, try to move events from a parent calendar to a child calendar... you will have both the wrong counts and the display issues...

if you rebuild the calendar cache it sets the count numbers correct again (seems that caching is a problem with moving events.) And if you move the child event back to its parent it appears again.

Now, try to move events from a parent calendar to a child calendar... you will have both the wrong counts and the display issues...
Ahh yes, both ways (up to parent or down to child) causes the issue.
In fact, even moving an event from one top-level calendar to another top-level calendar causes the issue too, not just between parent and child calendars.

So we can say, that moving events in general does not seem to update the database correctly...
Yeah, probably a better thread title ;)
It appears to keep incrementing the event count by one each time you move an event into a calendar, without decrementing away from the calendar it came from.

I saw this same error with Social Groups too and Nobita had a hard time fixing it... seems to be a problem how XF handles database entries maybe.

What IDE do you use? We'll be sure to keep away from it :LOL:
PHPStorm. I've had some issues with it with regards to XF2, here's one such documented case: XF 2.0 - Performance issues with .phpstorm.meta.php?

In disabling some of the background stuff to get reasonable performance, I seem to have disabled the thing that pokes me and tells me I'm an idiot for spelling something wrong.

For someone that studied English Literature and Language for a few years, you'd think I'd have a better grasp on words. :D

Here is what happens for me:

Two events in the parent:
Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-27 um 12.00.28.png

Displayed correctly in the calendar:
Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-27 um 12.00.16.png

I visit the event and use the "Event Tools" to "move the event" to the child calendar:
Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-27 um 12.00.43.png

It is correctly displayed in the categories widget:
Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-27 um 12.01.20.png

In the calendar index the child event is gone...

Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-27 um 12.01.10.png

Here is what happens for me:

Two events in the parent:
View attachment 768

Displayed correctly in the calendar:
View attachment 767

I visit the event and use the "Event Tools" to "move the event" to the child calendar:
View attachment 769

It is correctly displayed in the categories widget:
View attachment 771

In the calendar index the child event is gone...

View attachment 770
Ah ok this is clearer now. I wasn't experiencing any issues when I tried yesterday so I'll have a look at this case. Thanks for the explanation. :)

The good thing is that it reappears once I move it back to the parent... I would say this might be a viewing permission issue of the calendar hierarchy? ....or a typo... :D

The good thing is that it reappears once I move it back to the parent... I would say this might be a viewing permission issue of the calendar hierarchy? ....or a typo... :D
It wasn't taking in to account the hierarchy so you were close! Not a typo this time. :eek:

Back