Calendar Schema.org ld+json improvements

Mouth

Now that we have structured data working correctly, a couple suggestions ...
  • The full Event Location is used for both Location.name and Location.address. When the Google API is active, can it be utilised to return improved content for these field only containing the relevant Place Name and Postal Address in their respective fields.
  • Location.address is mis-formed, it shouldn't have just a 'name' field, but also/instead fields for 'streetAdress', 'addressLocality', 'postalCode' etc. Since Location.address is a Google required field, it's likely important to get this one as accurate as possible.
  • The full body/content of the Event is currently used in the description. Since most/all usages/displays of the description would be snippets, suggest trimming to the ACP 'More in Calendar Snippet Length' value. Also remove any BBcode from the description, as it's not helpful to structured data.
Event | Search | Google Developers is helpful.

Upvote 0
The full Event Location is used for both Location.name and Location.address. When the Google API is active, can it be utilised to return improved content for these field only containing the relevant Place Name and Postal Address in their respective fields.
I believe so. It's something on my list of things to-do. I planned on fleshing out locations a bit more, adding pre-defined venues (which would have their full postal addresses defined by admins) and then normal free-form input like there is now. I've been slowly adding the code required for all of this over the last couple of versions and I'm nearing the home stretch so keep an eye out.
Location.address is mis-formed, it shouldn't have just a 'name' field, but also/instead fields for 'streetAdress', 'addressLocality', 'postalCode' etc. Since Location.address is a Google required field, it's likely important to get this one as accurate as possible.
Kind of linked in to the above. The add-on doesn't currently have granular address fields but instead just one string that contains the full address. It's not ideal in situations like this but it's considered valid by Google's own structure testing. As with above though, the end point will be to have a full postal address.
The full body/content of the Event is currently used in the description. Since most/all usages/displays of the description would be snippets, suggest trimming to the ACP 'More in Calendar Snippet Length' value. Also remove any BBcode from the description, as it's not helpful to structured data.
Sounds reasonable, done now.

Back