Calendar Start & End date issues

Hmm, that is indeed very odd but I can't reproduce it. What browser are you using?

I can recreate this at will on this site also on my android. Windows with Chrome and Opera. Simply change end date manually using number pad (not date picker) , click out of end date to the time and we go back in time by a day. It works fine with the date picker.

Last edited:
I’ll try this on a Windows VM later today but at the moment, on an assortment of browsers on macOS, I’m not able to reproduce it.

I’ll try this on a Windows VM later today but at the moment, on an assortment of browsers on macOS, I’m not able to reproduce it.

I'm wondering if it's timepicker client timezone setting that's being set that's causing this as the change happens. The date/time picker reflects the auto-updated date. I should point out the same issue happens when you manually edit the start date and tab out.

Last edited:
Yeah, I can't reproduce this on Windows either. I set a start date, go in to the end date and type in the date for tomorrow, tab to the next field and nothing unexpected happens. The dates don't change and I can continue on to pick a time.

I've updated the package here so if you could download that, drop it on your site and give your cache a kick- can you reproduce it? I'm trying to narrow down the issue but difficult to do so without being able to reproduce it.

Yeah, I can't reproduce this on Windows either. I set a start date, go in to the end date and type in the date for tomorrow, tab to the next field and nothing unexpected happens. The dates don't change and I can continue on to pick a time.

I've updated the package here so if you could download that, drop it on your site and give your cache a kick- can you reproduce it? I'm trying to narrow down the issue but difficult to do so without being able to reproduce it.

Nope. Reupped, rebuilt addon, restarted fpm, nginx even cleared my redis cache for good measure. Tried it on multiple laptops and PCs at my house on your site, on my site. Same issue. Typing day (start and end) automatically toggles to previous date when the datepicker pops up (on field exit) except for the default dates that do not move. I really think it may be timezone related if you're not seeing this. Definitely in the js.

So @NixFifty as I suspected earlier if I change my PC timezone from EST to UTC (+0) it all works just fine. Please look into it as it's pretty rough to use at the moment with this bug.

I'll try it though I would be remiss if I didn't mention that the date picker is stock XF and I don't make any changes to it. Do you get the same issue elsewhere where the date picker is used? On the advanced search page or the batch update pages, etc.

I'll try it though I would be remiss if I didn't mention that the date picker is stock XF and I don't make any changes to it. Do you get the same issue elsewhere where the date picker is used? On the advanced search page or the batch update pages, etc.

You know I actually do lol. I guess no one uses date fields any more to have noticed. I can replicate same issue on your site and mysite using advanced search date picker. Ha.

This an XF bug in the making? I thought everything XF was keyed in guest timezone?

Problem though is that your addon's date selection is somewhat central to it's functionality so not sure what I can do about that.

Reactions: Naz
Just to confirm, can you reproduce it on XenForo.com as well? That would definitely indicate an XF issue and also eliminate Calendar as the cause of it.

Scratch that, you beat me to it. :p

Just to confirm, can you reproduce it on XenForo.com as well? That would definitely indicate an XF issue and also eliminate Calendar as the cause of it.

Scratch that, you beat me to it. :p

Yep sorry for all the commotion. I guess there's nothing you can push into that datepicker to set the guest timezone for your addon until they get this fixed?

Yep sorry for all the commotion. I guess there's nothing you can push into that datepicker to set the guest timezone for your addon until they get this fixed?
No sweat. I'll see what I can do in the meantime. :)

Back