Calendar We need RSVP after the event has started

For multiday events or for events that have just started its very useful to be able to RSVP. Many people decide to go to an event while the event has already begun.It would be useful if they can RSVP until the event has ended. Same as Facebook.

Even for events that have passed its useful to let others know that the user went to the event. This will also become useful when organiser profiles are added, because people who went to an event will be interested in the next occurrence of the same event. On Facebook you can mark an Event that you went there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I combined 2 suggestions in one here.
  1. Display RSVP until END time. Not after.
  2. Allow users to denote that they went to an event.
Do you need ACP options for both functions?

ACP options for both functions?
I think that would be the best.
#1 wouldn't work for events that are mobile in nature, attendance after start is impractical/ineligible, or the organiser wants attendance figures up front and not during
#2 has merit, but opens a whole can of worms, especially where it makes it easy (or no benefit) for an attendee to not RSVP prior to the event and just do it later.

We need RSVP after the event has started
Thinking about it some more, is it not the event organiser that (sh|w)ould decide based on the event?
By that I mean is it a site wide ACP option that RSVP's close on either i)start date, ii)end date, or iii)never? Or an option at event creation asking the author when they want the RSVP to close?
Perhaps two ACP options to both set the default and reveal the options during event creation?

Back