AMP Fixed 1.0.6 Invalid Errors Pixel Exit Edge Theme

This is tested on the XF default theme. I don't understand the point of releasing a fix when it doesn't work on the default theme? What is fixed if the default is broken?

If the default theme doesn't validate -- what's the point? Google will not use any of these AMP pages until 100% compatible with zero critical errors.

Screen Shot 2017-04-23 at 7.34.05 am.png

I don't have the code in front of me but you potentially have add-ons at play too, which doesn't make it any less trickier.

The default style validates fine for me but I use minimal add-ons, which yes isn't ideal but, it's an active process. What validates fine for me might not for you and thus we're attempting to find the sweet spot.

You have to factor in dynamically injected css which can't always be accounted for, hence opening it up to others to see what doesn't work for them.

There's definitely something that isn't default there. Take a look at mine:
Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 22.52.23.png

This is from one of my development environments which have a number of add-ons in play. The green icon in Chrome indicates it's a valid AMP page and the lack of errors in the console show there are no validation errors.

Regardless though, can you expand the contents of those validator errors (or provide a link I can access) so I can see what's causing those, please?

This is what I meant earlier in discussion about AMP. AMP templates are strict, and everyone I've ever seen do this build their template with CSS in full, then they only pull the very limited data itself from the DB to fill the specifics. That way they control exactly what is shown on the page.

An AMP page cannot just be a stripped down version of XF theming or be susceptible to add-on injection. No hooks allowed, no template modifications, na da.

This is what I meant earlier in discussion about AMP. AMP templates are strict, and everyone I've ever seen do this build their template with CSS in full, then they only pull the very limited data itself from the DB to fill the specifics. That way they control exactly what is shown on the page.
You can already do this yourself, if you wish to. Just search the templates for those that are suffixed with '_amp' and edit accordingly.

Actually... you're right. Whilst it is default, those issues are actually caused by, go figure, Google Pagespeed. Disable that at the server, valid output. Argh.

Go figure, Google page speed breaks its own AMP standard. I will have to implement so it doesn't affect anything using ?amp=1 in it. That should fix it.

Reactions: Naz
Actually... you're right. Whilst it is default, those issues are actually caused by, go figure, Google Pagespeed. Disable that at the server, valid output. Argh.
:D

I'll take a look at supporting Pagespeed though and see what it entails
You can already do this yourself, if you wish to. Just search the templates for those that are suffixed with '_amp' and edit accordingly.
Also, to elaborate on this... the default add-on is packaged with pre-populated templates and a framework to get you started. It's not expected people will be satisfied by the automatically generated results but in some cases, it's enough.

If you're serious about AMP, you have the flexibility to customize your AMP pages and make them look completely different to your standard pages. There's a bunch of '_amp' pages and an extra CSS file for further modifications and an admin can do these all with basic HTML / CSS knowledge.

Nice, thanks for sharing.

I'll add that to the FAQ. Does that resolve the 3 validator errors?

Looks like you don't have a logo?

If you open up the header_amp template, you can take out the div with the logo id, replace the img src to a valid image or replace it with a textual logo.

Back