Calendar Beta 7: Where to start...

Freelancer

I hate to say it but beside the adding of the Event Calendar Widgets and Recurring Events feature, it is full of (old) bugs.
  • Events show end time in calendar instead of start time
  • Font Awesome still included in html tags
  • Missing Phrases
  • "Page not found" error everywhere (Featured "View All","More from User", Calendar Category Widget)
  • New Event Icon Designs not included
  • Recurring events completely messed up dates and occurrences
  • End Date can be before Start Date (+ End Date does not adjust)
  • Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) ("calendar_list.js" & "compromise.js")
  • "Collapsible" Event Calendars not working (only basic and basic expanded)
  • "Private" Calendar Permission not working (no effect)
That was just what I found on the first glance.

Which specifically?
For example "Create Sibling Calendar" "Create Child Calendar" in the ACP.
Need more details on this one.
The recurring events do not display correctly. For example I set them up as "4" recurring events every week after the start date. It then shows them only two times but in the last two weeks. The starte time is displayed as the end time. The format still does not respect the board ACP time format settings... this really needs a complete intense testing and overhaul. Better have it tested with small groups sessions that test it live and report immediately so you can fix things live. It also calls for installing the add-on here in the latest version to do that. Restrict the access to a small group of 3-4 guys. Negotiate testing sessions of 1 hour every couple of days/once per week at a certain time. Otherwise you can tinker the hell out of it and there is still something that you did not have been aware of.

The recurring events do not display correctly. For example I set them up as "4" recurring events every week after the start date. It then shows them only two times but in the last two weeks.
Finally identified the cause of this and I've deployed a fix for it here. It was slightly tricky to track down since only certain combinations of event start/end times + recurring options would trigger it but it should be ok now. Feel free to test here and see if anything else has gone wonky as a result.

Does not work at all. Can’t even create an event. I try to create one and when I save the event it does not appear in the calendar.

By the way if I click on an event calendar in the navigation widget it sends me directly to Forum Index.

Looks like a cache / CF hiccup. Will poke it when I’m back from an errand.

Back