Tickets Beta 9: Category Filters are redundant

Freelancer

It seems that if you have an extra Page for each Category, you do not have to have filters that resemble categories... I find that very odd, redundant and not XF standard (whenever there is a "category" page like in XFMG or XFRM etc the category is not listed as "filter").

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-02 um 13.52.50.jpg

Also, when I remove the filter...

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-02 um 13.53.11.jpg

...the user lands on the "Your Tickets" page which then has no sidebar navigation for categories which then really leaves the user stranded and confused.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-02 um 13.53.22.jpg

I would suggest just to totally get rid of "Categories" as filters and keep the sidebar category navigation alive.

Upvote 0
BETA 12: Still not fixed
Ah, I think we were referring to two different things here.

You were referring to this:
ob7NUaE.png

I was referring to the dropdown that used to appear here (what I mentioned that had been removed above):
EQ1XgNl.png

Got rid of the filter link now too though.

Very important is to have a "Category Page" for each category that is not associated to filters at all. The same principle like XFMG, XFRM, AMS, UBS, Showcase follow.

Very important is to have a "Category Page" for each category that is not associated to filters at all. The same principle like XFMG, XFRM, AMS, UBS, Showcase follow.
That already exists. Click a category name and you'll be taken to it. Just ATM, the name of the category appears on the filter list too (but it's not actually a filter). Bit confusing but sorted now. :)

Back