Classifieds Classifieds Featured

rcull

I am probably missing something, but in the classifieds, it is possible to set up a paid ad, but if the site offers free ads, there is no benefit to the paid ad.
It is also possible to mark ads as featured. I don't see that it does anything but place a small "bullhorn" image on it.

Suggestion: make it so that paid ads are featured. Make it so that us users can go to the widgets and choose to add a widget which contains featured ads. If no featured ads or an inadequate number are available, fill the displayed number of ads with new listings.
It might also be nice to be able to add a colored border around featured ads, or something to make them stand out, and therefore desirable for purchase.

Upvote 1
I am probably missing something, but in the classifieds, it is possible to set up a paid ad, but if the site offers free ads, there is no benefit to the paid ad.
It is also possible to mark ads as featured. I don't see that it does anything but place a small "bullhorn" image on it.

Suggestion: make it so that paid ads are featured. Make it so that us users can go to the widgets and choose to add a widget which contains featured ads. If no featured ads or an inadequate number are available, fill the displayed number of ads with new listings.
It might also be nice to be able to add a colored border around featured ads, or something to make them stand out, and therefore desirable for purchase.
I can agree with these changes. The original concept was to allow paid ads and featured separately but was troublesome to implement. This seems like a more elegant solution.

Back