Tickets Display Vaultwiki /AMS/XF Pages articles after typing ticket title

Alpha1

I am certain I suggested this before and that its on your todo list.

Please consider to add a knowledge base. IMO its not needed to build a new article system, but rather just display article titles from an existing article system. The following integration with Vaultwiki, XenForo Help pages and AMS would be nice to see.
Vaultwiki is particularly helpful because it allows the community to create help articles.
Article management System integration would also be nice because its a well refined and full featured system.
XenForo Help pages is already available, but pages have to be added by the admin.

What I am suggesting is that after typing a ticket title, a function similar to 'similar threads' appears. Articles with similar titles will be displayed. See @Xon 's ElasticSearch Essentials for how it works.
The admin would need to define the source for the articles:
Vaultwiki, XenForo Help pages or AMS
And the AMS category or Vaultwiki Area to pull articles from.

For example if the title of a ticket is 'How do I register?'
Then articles from the 'knowledge base' category from Vaultwiki or AMS are displayed that are similar.
We have a Vaultwiki article 'Your Account' with chapters 'Registering', 'How to Register', 'Registration Moderation'. In Vaultwiki article chapters are searchable.
So under the ticket title, this text would appear: 'These articles may answer your question:' with a list of the aforementioned article. The member will likely click these links and not open a new ticket.

This saves 80% of the tickets.

Last edited:
Upvote 2
It's a great suggestion (I mean the KB system)

But there are 2 things here:
  • we don't use vault wiki
  • we use AMS for totally different goal (real articles, and not "how to work with site" articles)
So, although KB is something that we really hope to see as I totally agree with:
This saves 80% of the tickets.
But I wish a place be added to the ticket system, that we define pieces of knowledge. Then when the user is entering ticket title, the system searches from that KB system and if it finds anything, then list them there.

If its not possible for you to add a KB category to AMS, then it would also possible to use the same concept for XenForo Help Pages.
Similar to proposed above, it would also search XenForo Help Page titles. I will adapt my suggestion.

If its not possible for you to add a KB category to AMS, then it would also possible to use the same concept for XenForo Help Pages.
Similar to proposed above, it would also search XenForo Help Page titles. I will adapt my suggestion.
Although I like this suggestion a lot and it can be so useful as well, but I still hope to see:
a place be added to the ticket system, that we define pieces of knowledge. Then when the user is entering ticket title, the system searches from that KB system and if it finds anything, then list them there.
This can let us have standalone place to manage our KBs. (a good way can be the way Nobita added Forum creation for Social Groups. But with a lot less features as we don't need that much features here. we just need to simply define categories and then adding KB and in each KB we need title, rich editor and upload system.)

The last release actually laid down some foundations for a KB system, if you look close enough. :)

While I can see the arguments for integrating other systems, I will be building it in to Tickets to save the reliance on other add-ons. I use AMS for something completely different so it wouldn’t make much sense using that and I’ve never used VaultWiki.

Back