Large Server Not Syncing Roles

ADRNALN

Hi! I have a Discord guild with 3,000 members and have noticed the roles are not syncing properly. On my forum I get applications daily and am constantly approving applications that assign a role to their Xenforo. Users are only able to login and register using Discord so I know it can't be an issue with their Discord not being linked to their accounts as that's the only way to have an account. I noticed when I rebuild the Discord roles it will send out a mass role sync to 20-30 users at once. If users also go to their profile page and disassociate and reassociate their Discord to their account it will sync the roles then as well.

Is there something I'm missing here in why its not syncing more frequently/at all or could it be because of the amount of users being synced?

When you say approving applications, what does that look like?

The roles are synced when users have their groups changed using the internal XF functions. If there's something else adding the groups, it might not work as expected.

So when I approve a whitelist application for instance, the user automatically gets the role on the forum and its honestly hit or miss if the user gets it on Discord instantly or if they get it after I force sync roles again or they disassociate and reassociate their account on their own.

In the images below when I click the accept button on an application they're assigned a whitelisted role instantly on the forums

1645539497600.png
1645539510547.png

What add-on are you using to handle the applications? It's possible that the add-on uses a different method to modify a user's user groups so when the groups change, my Discord add-on doesn't see that change and thus the roles aren't dished out.

Back