Tickets Replace "Create Thread" button in forum and Limit Categories to Forum

When using the Post Thread To Forum feature, it would be nice if we could also integrate the other way - users who have permission to create threads in that forum (and when the category is active) will see the Create Thread button replaced with a Create Ticket button. When coupled with being able to limit ticket categories to only post in a particular thread, this can do one of two things:

• If there is only a single category assigned to the forum, the Create Ticket button will open the ticket form and allow the user to create the ticket, optionally as a modal rather than redirecting to the ticket creation page.
  • If there are multiple categories assigned to the forum, a Category Select modal should appear that only lists the relevant categories.

Using an example from this forum, if I have a category for plugin suggestions and I have selected a board that anyone can read, comment, and vote on submissions, it would be good to limit that board to only Suggestion tickets. Then when I click the Create Ticket button, it allows me to immediately open a Suggestion ticket and have that post created in the corresponding board.

Upvote 0
Back