Calendar RSVP buttons header display issues

I am using a PixelExit style. The RSVP buttons were working fine in the sidebar. I moved these to the header and now it looks pretty bad as it does not use the normal button styling properties anymore.

Please check if the same happens here.

It does happen here too. It'll only happen on the "Going" button because that one has a different colour when placed in the header for emphasis, compared to the others, like this:
Screenshot 2018-11-18 at 22.32.12.png

I'm not really sure there's a "catch-all" solution that would work well on the default style and on customised styles like Pixel Exit ones especially since they tend to add their own colour properties which I can't really account for.

In spite of this, you can use the .calendarEventInfo .rsvpGoing CSS selector to target the "Going" button specifically and change it appropriately as would suit your style.

It looks really horrible on my pixelexit style:
Screenshot_2018-11-19 European Reduction Conference Forum.png
It should use the styling that all calltoaction buttons have. Buttons from any addon have the correct button css. This is how all buttons look:
Screenshot_2018-11-19 Events Forum.png

I dont follow the logic of making one button a different color. I dont see any benefit and adds confusion. Even on your style it makes it look as ifthe user has already selected 'going'. Please allow us to turn that off. I can use the css class you mentions, but this doesnt fix the other ones.

In spite of this, you can use the .calendarEventInfo .rsvpGoing CSS selector to target the "Going" button specifically and change it appropriately as would suit your style.
This does nothing:
Code:
.calendarEventInfo .rsvpGoing
This does something:
Code:
.HandleToggle.headerButtons.rsvpButtons .headerButton.rsvpMaybe,
.HandleToggle.headerButtons.rsvpButtons .headerButton.rsvpGoing,
.HandleToggle.headerButtons.rsvpButtons .headerButton.rsvpDecline

But then I get my button with your button on top of it.
Screenshot_2018-12-01 International Policy Conference Forum.png

Last edited:
Thanks!

It turned out I needed to replace a large part of nf_calendar_event_view_header.css
Everything from:
.calendarEventInfo .headerButtons
to
.calendarEventInfo .rsvpGoing:hover span

@NixFifty I would like to suggest to handle this differently in NF Calendar for XF2 so that default button values are used. Other addons do not have this issue. Just Calendar.

Thanks!

It turned out I needed to replace a large part of nf_calendar_event_view_header.css
Everything from:
.calendarEventInfo .headerButtons
to
.calendarEventInfo .rsvpGoing:hover span

@NixFifty I would like to suggest to handle this differently in NF Calendar for XF2 so that default button values are used. Other addons do not have this issue. Just Calendar.
The CSS in the XF2 version is a lot better since XF2’s is easily reusable so this shouldn’t be an issue there.

The only thing that might be painful is styling FullCalendar but I’ve deferred that to a designer so it can fit styles as close as possible. Just waiting for him to get round to styling it so fingers crossed that won’t be an issue.

Glad you were able to sort it.

Back