Fixed Websocket Not Sending

daedious

Hello,

First, Awesome plugin. I specifically purchased Xenforo for this plugin because its best solution to keep forums alive in a world that needs the instant gratification of discord! haha

All my settings seem to be set correctly, yet when I press "Initiate WebSocket", it just gives me this "#" placeholder instead of a URL. (...forums/admin.php?tools/test-discord&test=1#)

How can I fix this so that I can send the heartbeat? Thanks!

Thanks! Glad you like the addon.

Do you have JavaScript enabled? The heartbeat is sent via that. There may be a case of false positives whereby it may look as though the heartbeat wasn’t sent.

You can confirm the addon is working correctly by sending a channel alert.

Ive used javascript with wordpress on the server, so I assume its working, but is it a specific setting in Xenforo?

When I send the alert I get this:

Code:
Server Error

array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
array_key_exists() in NixFifty/Discord/ControllerAdmin/Discord.php at line 127
NixFifty_Discord_ControllerAdmin_Discord->actionChannelsAlert() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/severname/public_html/forums/admin.php at line 13

What are you having trouble with?

Make sure you’ve upgraded to the latest version and try it out.

Same problem as the original thread post.

I have included a screenshot. The initiate websocket button doesnt work. It is linked to a #.
If you look at the bottom left hand of the browser you will see the link that is attached to this button.

upload_2018-3-12_18-0-46.png

Have you upgraded to the latest version? There was a file missing in earlier packages.

In addition, go to ACP -> Discord and try and send a channel alert. If that goes through to your server, the web socket is open and there’s nothing to worry about. Might just be a false positive.

Yes I did update the files. Thank you for the updated files btw

When I try to send an alert or sync roles I get this error:

array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. array_key_exists() in NixFifty/Discord/ControllerAdmin/Discord.php at line 127
  3. NixFifty_Discord_ControllerAdmin_Discord->actionChannelsAlert() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/fearthelord/public_html/forums/admin.php at line 13
Which is why I was trying to get that socket to work. I figured that had something to do with it.

Ah, that looks like the bot does not have a role with admin permissions? Could you check that since that’s a requirement.

Could you open a ticket with forum admin and discord server details and I can take a look?

Back