Calendar Birthdays sidebar widget: option to hide inactive users

Alpha1

If there are significant numbers of members then it makes no sense to display inactive members instead of active members. Please add a setting to display active members only. Preferably a cut off time.

Upvote 1
I don't think so. That option means displaying birthdays as events, which I don't want to do. I want no birthdays in listed as events. I only want them in the sidebar.

I only want them in the sidebar.
Ah, "Enable "Today's birthdays' sidebar block" and "Enable 'Upcoming birthdays' sidebar block" to have sub tickbox options for "Only include birthdays for recently active users" like "Display user birthdays as events" does.

The widgets don't display members that are inactive, banned or have a user state other than valid to begin with. The inactive cutoff time is the same as what core XF uses.

The birthday event feed is the same, except that it has an option to expose inactive members and their birthdays as calendar events.

It's hard coded and capped at 6 months
Appears not hard coded, just 6 months is the core default....
I know it is tunable from an add-on developer's perspective, in that the code allows for an integer value to be passed to it to define active_recently in our own code, but I think the core functions such as birthdays and auto complete would benefit from similar control.
Would be great if Calendar had an ACP option to allow a value < 6 to be passed.

Appears not hard coded, just 6 months is the core default....

Would be great if Calendar had an ACP option to allow a value < 6 to be passed.
It's hard coded in the context that the 6 months value is the default and an admin can't change it without editing the code.

I suppose an option wouldn't hurt though.

Back