Calendar Watch - Automatic for RSVP's? Also Auto Watch for Discussion Thread?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Mouth, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Two part question :)

1. Do Going and Maybe RSVP users automatically watch the Event? That is, they get the same notifications as a user that is watching the thread, or are the notifications seperate/different?

2. If a user watches an Event, is there also an automatic Thread Watch for the associated discussion thread?

Kintaro likes this.
  2. Freelancer

Freelancer Well-Known Member

I recognized that if you create an event you do not watch it it seems. I think there should be a certain automatic watch actions be included:

When you create an event
    When you RSVP as "going"

I think the thread watch should not be automatic. It is the same with XFRM right? Correct me if I am wrong here.

Kintaro and Mouth like this.
  3. NixFifty

NixFifty Administrator Staff Member

No but I think they should. Makes sense so I'll make the change.
    Nope.
    I might add this like thread create:

[​IMG]

ALfa1 and Mouth like this.
  4. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

I'd prefer, and think it's more appropriate, that they be within /account/alert-preferences within the Event section. Too much input/options confuses users and make event creation daunting.

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 08.44.23.png

ALfa1 likes this.
  5. NixFifty

There'd still be an option in preferences too, like the following, which would serve as the user's default for the event create page:
    [​IMG]

Mouth likes this.
  6. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

You don't think that would be enough? They also need it at event creation time too?
    I would think defaults within Alert Options is enough, and if they do/don't want on a per event basis, they can watch/un-watch as the case may be.

ALfa1 likes this.
  7. NixFifty

I was thinking mostly in terms of being consistent with and going the same route as core XF with thread create where it has the option to set a default in preferences and then an option on thread create to opt-out of your default.

8. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Never been a fan, IMHO even thread create is too busy with poll options etc. But I can see you're point.