Classifieds Cannot Reproduce Error installing Classifieds 1.0.13

NealC

I am trying to install and getting this error:

XF\Db\InvalidQueryException: xf_z61_classifieds_category: MySQL statement prepare error [1101]: BLOB, TEXT, GEOMETRY or JSON column 'listing_template' can't have a default value in src\XF\Db\AbstractStatement.php at line 228
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src\XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src\XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement.php at line 39
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src\XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement.php at line 54
  4. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src\XF\Db\AbstractAdapter.php at line 94
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src\XF\Db\Schema\AbstractDdl.php at line 151
  6. XF\Db\Schema\AbstractDdl->apply() in src\XF\Db\SchemaManager.php at line 186
  7. XF\Db\SchemaManager->createTable() in src\addons\Z61\Classifieds\Setup.php at line 29
  8. Z61\Classifieds\Setup->installStep1() in src\XF\AddOn\StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 60
  9. Z61\Classifieds\Setup->installStepRunner() in src\XF\AddOn\StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 27
  10. Z61\Classifieds\Setup->install() in src\XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn.php at line 398
  11. XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionInstall() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 350
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 257
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 113
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 55
  15. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src\XF\App.php at line 2184
  16. XF\App->run() in src\XF.php at line 391
  17. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Hi, this should now be fixed. Redownloading the latest version shouldn't cause that error.

That did not fix the issue.

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1364]: Field 'listing_template' doesn't have a default value in src\XF\Db\AbstractStatement.php at line 228
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src\XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src\XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement.php at line 77
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src\XF\Db\AbstractAdapter.php at line 94
  4. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src\addons\Z61\Classifieds\Setup.php at line 330
  5. Z61\Classifieds\Setup->insertDefaultData() in src\addons\Z61\Classifieds\Setup.php at line 33
  6. Z61\Classifieds\Setup->installStep1() in src\XF\AddOn\StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 60
  7. Z61\Classifieds\Setup->installStepRunner() in src\XF\AddOn\StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 27
  8. Z61\Classifieds\Setup->install() in src\XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn.php at line 398
  9. XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionInstall() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 350
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 257
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 113
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 55
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src\XF\App.php at line 2184
  14. XF\App->run() in src\XF.php at line 391
  15. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Hi, I forgot to reply, sorry about that. If you re-download again the build should be fixed and should install. If it doesn't let me know as that means it didn't replace the file on the server properly.

I can't seem to reply or even set a link in my signature without this message:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

I tried pasting the stack trace in but your site gives me the message above as well.

• XF\Db\Exception: Batch install error: MySQL query error [1366]: Incorrect integer value: 'grid_view' for column 'exclude_expired' at row 1
    [*]src\XF\Db\AbstractStatement.php:228

I can't seem to reply or even set a link in my signature without this message:

I tried pasting the stack trace in but your site gives me the message above as well.

Hi, sorry for the issues. I've done another check on the install code and it should be good now.

Nope!

ParseError: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting function (T_FUNCTION) or const (T_CONST) in src\addons\Z61\Classifieds\Install\Data\MySql.php at line 389
  1. Composer\Autoload\includeFile() in src\vendor\composer\ClassLoader.php at line 322
  2. Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass()
  3. spl_autoload_call() in src\addons\Z61\Classifieds\Setup.php at line 365
  4. Z61\Classifieds\Setup->getTables() in src\addons\Z61\Classifieds\Setup.php at line 27
  5. Z61\Classifieds\Setup->installStep1() in src\XF\AddOn\StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 60
  6. Z61\Classifieds\Setup->installStepRunner() in src\XF\AddOn\StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 27
  7. Z61\Classifieds\Setup->install() in src\XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn.php at line 398
  8. XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionInstall() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 350
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 257
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 113
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 55
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src\XF\App.php at line 2184
  13. XF\App->run() in src\XF.php at line 391
  14. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Please test against a clean install and I'm anxiously awaiting use of this add-on I paid for. Thank you.

Sorry for the issues you've faced thus far, XF wasn't spitting errors to me when testing locally. It's been installed successfully now on two separate test boards so you should be fine now.

It finally installed. Kindly extend my subscription to this product accordingly as I've been unable to install it until now.

I noticed your Settings and User Group permissions for Classifieds is intermingled with the core product and I would prefer like other add-ons that they are at the end of the list and separated from the core XF options and user group permissions.

I would review all of your sample data on a clean install. There are a few extraneous items with weird names such as x16.sample.text or whatever. I saw that in at least two places.

When adding a new listing it shows in bold "Default listing template" in the message box. Is this a bug?

In the Admin go to Classifieds > Classified Categories and then click on Example Category and scroll down to Listing Template.

I'm hesitant to use this add-on at this time as the QA seems to have fallen way short and I don't trust it as of yet. Please test thoroughly and let me know when all of these issues are resolved.

When creating a new category the defaults all seem to be messed up. Even in your example category it shows "z61_classifieds_condition" instead of the phrase. Adding a new category you see z61_classifieds_type as the type instead of the phrase.

Standing by for a stable release and proper versioning to the next version instead of reusing the same failed release version.

I'm hesitant to even uninstall this add-on as I am willing to bet, as a developer myself, that it would properly or cleanly uninstall as it probably has not been tested and verified.

I would review all of your sample data on a clean install. There are a few extraneous items with weird names such as x16.sample.text or whatever. I saw that in at least two places.
Where did you see these?
When adding a new listing it shows in bold "Default listing template" in the message box. Is this a bug?

In the Admin go to Classifieds > Classified Categories and then click on Example Category and scroll down to Listing Template.
This isn't a bug. If you're using the example category, it has a listing template that has the text "Default listing template". The purpose of this is to populate new listings with sample text. You can remove the listing template if you don't want to pre-fill new listings with sample text.
When creating a new category the defaults all seem to be messed up. Even in your example category it shows "z61_classifieds_condition" instead of the phrase. Adding a new category you see z61_classifieds_type as the type instead of the phrase.
Not sure I see the issue here? The text boxes where you're seeing those are used to swap in different phrases if you want to utilise a different term for listings in a category.

This isn't a bug. If you're using the example category, it has a listing template that has the text "Default listing template". The purpose of this is to populate new listings with sample text. You can remove the listing template if you don't want to pre-fill new listings with sample text.

Where is the documentation that explains this so I can get smart on this add-on and get the most out of it?

Why is this phrase text in this field? I tried changing it to "condition" and clicked SAVE yet it came back.

quick-info-phrases.png

So what's the story on the inconsistencies above? I have yet to use this add-on as I still don't trust it when seeing these issues.

Back