Gifted Content

ColCar

Hi @Nix, regarding gift upgrades, these are the style settings I have:

1644118267211.png

Does this mean that when someone Gifts a specific post, that post will have this styling applied to it? (a 2px yellow border around it, in this instance)

Yeah, that's the idea.
Ok good, well then I have a couple of questions.

Firsty, If I can use this addon to allow people to award specific posts then how do I get rid of the "Gift" button in locations where it doesn't make sense to have them, for example:

screenshot-2230.jpg

Secondly, when someone clicks the 'Gift' button under a post it brings up a box that has ALL the forum upgrade options when I only want it to display the relevant one, for example:

screenshot-2231.jpg

and finally, I created an upgrade specifically for Gifting a post but that upgrade now appears on my /account/upgrades page along with my other upgrade tiers when it doesn't belong there.

Firsty, If I can use this addon to allow people to award specific posts then how do I get rid of the "Gift" button in locations where it doesn't make sense to have them, for example:
Use the user group permissions and revoke the permission for each content type you don't want to be giftable.
Secondly, when someone clicks the 'Gift' button under a post it brings up a box that has ALL the forum upgrade options when I only want it to display the relevant one, for example:
Toggle the "Can gift" option on the upgrades you don't want to show up here and that should get rid of them.
and finally, I created an upgrade specifically for Gifting a post but that upgrade now appears on my /account/upgrades page along with my other upgrade tiers when it doesn't belong there.
There's currently no option to hide upgrades from there.

Use the user group permissions and revoke the permission for each content type you don't want to be giftable.

Well in that case something is messed up because the 'Gift' link only appears under posts when I have these settings:

screenshot-2234.jpg

Setting 'Gift posts' to Yes doesn't make the link appear.

Also I just tested Gifting a post and the recipient got an alert saying he was gifted but not which post he was gifted for?

Actually I have found that both 'Gift Users' AND 'Gift Posts' have to be set to Yes for the Gift link to show under posts.

screenshot-2235.jpg

Actually I have found that both 'Gift Users' AND 'Gift Posts' have to be set to Yes for the Gift link to show under posts.

View attachment 2219
Yeah, I can see how that might be a little confusing. I'll look in to potentially changing it.
Also I just tested Gifting a post and the recipient got an alert saying he was gifted but not which post he was gifted for?
That'd be a nice addition but isn't currently a feature.

Yeah, I can see how that might be a little confusing. I'll look in to potentially changing it.
Yeah it means there is still a Gift link in users profile cards which I'd prefer wasn't there.

Thanks for your help today and please do let me know if you fix this and if you are able to add the relevant info to the alert.

Yeah it means there is still a Gift link in users profile cards which I'd prefer wasn't there.
For now, you can just go to Admin -> Appearance -> Template modifications. Make sure you're on the Public tab and find the Gift Upgrades section. Once there, look for the member_macros item and turn that off. That'll hide the button.

Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 17.34.05.png

Back