Calendar Have I Misunderstood?

gregbtm

Hey there. Not sure if I've misunderstood - but I plan to use the Calendar add-on to display past and future events. The past events, I'd like members to be able to mark them as 'attended' or 'I was here' - is this actually an option with this addon? (for past events) ?

I can't find anything related to this in the description, and the functionality doesn't seem to be present for past events - but was wondering if this was an option, rather than stock.

Best wishes

It's not currently possible to retroactively mark yourself as having attended an event.

It's not currently possible to retroactively mark yourself as having attended an event.
This is probably a vague question, but off the top of your head - is this something that would require extensive development? If it's not currently on plan, I'd possibly be willing to sponsor such a feature.

Out of interest, why?
So, I have nearly a thousand historical events I intend to create whereby my userbase can / will need to be able to mark themselves as there if they have attended or been at said place. Think concerts and historical moments. :)

For some reason, I thought this was already a feature. It doesn't seem to be with either this, or the competitor.

So, I have nearly a thousand historical events I intend to create whereby my userbase can / will need to be able to mark themselves as there if they have attended or been at said place. Think concerts and historical moments. :)
You don't currently have a calendar/event system, and want to create all these past events and allow users to say they're going(went)?
Hmmm, how about initially create them with year 21xx (eg. 2190 represents 1990), give them a week or so to mark themselves as going(went), and then change the event dates back to 1990, etc.

You don't currently have a calendar/event system, and want to create all these past events and allow users to say they're going(went)?
Hmmm, how about initially create them with year 21xx (eg. 2190 represents 1990), give them a week or so to mark themselves as going(went), and then change the event dates back to 1990, etc.
I feel this is a good workaround, but I don't think it will work for the long term as it's something that my members, and future members will need to be able to mark themselves as present/there or not. You could say I'm also using it as an events calendar for concerts, as these generally work on the basis of (I was There / I Want To Go / I'm Going

Hopefully I can figure it out. I guess it's just a status right?

This is probably a vague question, but off the top of your head - is this something that would require extensive development? If it's not currently on plan, I'd possibly be willing to sponsor such a feature.
Off the top of my head, I wouldn't really say extensive. It would just need some changes to stop checking if an event has occurred in the past and some UI tweaks to account for past tense phrasing when marking yourself as having attended an event.

Back