Classifieds Fixed I can submit paid ads without paying

Affected version

nik

Create a paid/premium ad, click paypal, go to next screen, cancel paypal transaction. Ad and thread still created as if it's paid. In fact ad is created without any payment validation whatsoever as I can close the payment modal, ad shows as pending payment but still visible for all to see.

Last edited:
Create a paid/premium ad, click paypal, go to next screen, cancel paypal transaction. Ad and thread still created as if it's paid. In fact ad is created without any payment validation whatsoever as I can close the payment modal, ad shows as pending payment but still visible for all to see.

Actually the whole paid tier needs to be reconsidered as I can freely peruse premium ads that have not been paid for as a guest or registered regular user, the only missing functionality is the contact button which I can circumvent by simply contacting the seller directly. Maybe I'm missing something but if you're opting to pay for your ad it should not be visible and associated thread should not be created until it's paid for in full.

@NixFifty

Reactions: Lee
Yeah, the status handling around this is getting some changes (hence why this is still open) to make more sense.

Yeah, the status handling around this is getting some changes (hence why this is still open) to make more sense.

My quick suggestion on this topic.

Ad package selection should come at the tail end of posting an ad. Package groups should be permissioned properly so not everyone has access per package; use case usergroup a newly registered users can only pay for ads whereas usergroup b established members can post freely.

Add per ad package benefits i.e featured ad, longer expiry date, some type of highlights or special css for your ad, sticky ad if different from featured, bump ad to the top etc. Definitely would be beneficial to add some monetization options.

Last edited:
Reactions: Naz
This is resolved in the next version along with some other under-the-hood improvements to how statuses are handled.

Reactions: nik
My quick suggestion on this topic.

Ad package selection should come at the tail end of posting an ad. Package groups should be permissioned properly so not everyone has access per package; use case usergroup a newly registered users can only pay for ads whereas usergroup b established members can post freely.

Add per ad package benefits i.e featured ad, longer expiry date, some type of highlights or special css for your ad, sticky ad if different from featured, bump ad to the top etc. Definitely would be beneficial to add some monetization options.

Whilst the original main issue appears to be fixed it would be great to work some of the above suggestions into a release to make it a bit more complete. Let me know if you are keeping track of this one @NixFifty

I take it back was looking at the wrong forum. This issue does not appear to be fixed @NixFifty.

Create new paid listing, don't pay. Forum thread still created.

The forum thread is probably a separate thing but I’ll take a look first thing and see what’s up there.
Whilst the original main issue appears to be fixed it would be great to work some of the above suggestions into a release to make it a bit more complete. Let me know if you are keeping track of this one @NixFifty
I am keeping track of this.

Back