Calendar Import Event From Facebook

This would be awesome. An iCal IMPORT support would be enough to have a general solution for this. Then also users can import their mobile phone events/appointments that they have made for themselves.

@ALfa1 could you provide a Facebook event link or something so I can see how you'd want the data to be pulled? I don't really use Facebook personally.

Alright, so I've poked the API a bit and it looks fairly straightforward.

Could you guys provide a bit more details on how you'd expect something like this to work?

I can't see anything related to iCal / ICS in the docs or on the event page like you guys have mentioned though so the only way to pull the data would be via the API (unless I'm missing something obvious which is totally possible).

I can't see anything related to iCal / ICS in the docs or on the event page like you guys have mentioned though so the only way to pull the data would be via the API (unless I'm missing something obvious which is totally possible).
Users are able to export a Facebook event to .ICS so that's likely the best method - import from ICS.

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 10.03.45.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 10.04.06.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 10.04.18.png

Could you guys provide a bit more details on how you'd expect something like this to work?
If at all possible, I would like users to be able to enter the Facebook URL into the Facebook URL field, click a 'retrieve' button and then automatically retrieve the event details from Facebook.

If at all possible, I would like users to be able to enter the Facebook URL into the Facebook URL field, click a 'retrieve' button and then automatically retrieve the event details from Facebook.
Unfortunately, very unlikely thats going to happen. Facebook has seen the value/profit in holding it's events data very close and away from competitors.
API and Other Platform Product Changes - Facebook for Developers
Facebook relaunches Events app as Facebook Local, adds bars and food

Back