Discord Not syncing role again after being removed

Affected version

Zakhiel

Hello,

I find something weird but i dont know if it's a bug or myself being out of my mind.
I'm testing the addon currently, mostly the role sync feature.

I associate my groups with my roles on Discord. When I click on save, the role syncs well on Discord. BUT, if I remove the role on Discord, it doesn't sync again from the forum.

I'll try to provide as much detail as I can:

My Discord is associated, here are my settings:
1662024098366.png
1662024188841.png
1662024214264.png

Now, I'm gonna add the role "Synced Member" for the group "Registered" I'm part of:
1662024280811.png
I save, it syncs:
1662024303375.png
Great it works.

BUT, if I remove my role on Discord:
1662024336037.png
1662024353464.png

It won't give the "Synced Member" role again.
Even if I sync it again manually
1662024416476.png
or/and I enable "Overwrite Discord roles upon successful sync".

The only work around is in the associated groups to uncheck "Synced Member", to save, then to check it again and save. This way, I get my desired role back.

I definitely understand this Discord integration might not read the roles removal, but I believe an option should be there or the behavior fixed to at least have the "sync servers" giving the roles back, or even better have a task pushing roles each X hour(s) or day(s).

The work around here is definitely a no-go long term.

I hope I was clear enough. If any question please feel free.

Thanks!

Appreciate the clarity and detailed write-up here. Can you let me know if this is happening to you in the current version?

To be clear, it should be removing roles that are no longer relevant.

Appreciate the clarity and detailed write-up here. Can you let me know if this is happening to you in the current version?

To be clear, it should be removing roles that are no longer relevant.

Thanks for the reply!

I just tested it out with the new version, it's the same.

I don't mean to remove a role but to make sure the Discord Integration reads the role on Discord is missing and adds it back again.

Or is there a cron entry we can add to have the group attribution running every X hours ?

Thanks you again

Back