Calendar Turning a thread into an event

Mouth

NixFifty said:
Everything except the turning a thread in to an event is already built in, though that feature does sound pretty straightforward so could add that in for you. :eek:
Brilliant :D

I'd imagine that the thread, when turned into an event, gets automatically moved to the appropriate node (according to the functionality for creating a new thread in a designated node defined by ACP criteria), with a post automatically made to the thread highlighting that it has been converted into an event.

Reason/Scenario: You have a node that is used for event planning, where members discuss the finer points like start place and time, maybe even actual date etc. Once these details are finalised you want to convert the thread to an event, and thus not wanting to lose all the prior discussion and thread new post alerts that members have subscribed to.

Upvote 1
Your suggestion seems to be based on the premise that there is one node that holds all event discussions and therefore the thread can automatically be moved to that node. I plan to use several nodes, depending on the event category. It seems to me that in this scenario, the thread can only be moved to the right node after the event category is selected.

Does that make sense?

That shouldn't be the problem. There are no Event Categories but different "Calendars", each can have one node. When you convert a thread to an event, you will have to select in which calendar.

I think I need to start testing this on my development sites to be able to give useful feedback.
Is anyone running this live yet?

I plan to use several nodes, depending on the event category. It seems to me that in this scenario, the thread can only be moved to the right node after the event category is selected. Does that make sense?

Yes, my current add-on usage scenario is this. The user nominates the node into which the event discussion thread is created (thread creation is mandated for normal members) when they create the thread:
Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 11.09.44.png

There are no Event Categories but different "Calendars", each can have one node. When you convert a thread to an event, you will have to select in which calendar.

This surprised me :) Still trying to understand how this will operate in real-world usage. It's seems a great concept. Multiple calendars, each calendar defined within ACP to be associated with a node. Like my screenshot above, the member selects the calendar when creating the event, and the discussion thread is created in the associated node.

Is anyone running this live yet?
I put it on my DEV site yesterday, and have really enjoying playing with it. Gave lots of feedback, and looking forward to the next alpha iteration so I can see how the display of different events within different calendars appears on the consolidated calendar.

This surprised me :) Still trying to understand how this will operate in real-world usage. It's seems a great concept. Multiple calendars, each calendar defined within ACP to be associated with a node. Like my screenshot above, the member selects the calendar when creating the event, and the discussion thread is created in the associated node.
Multiple Calendars. This is exactly how iCal from Apple works... it doesn't surprise me, it is great :)

Now... let me bring back the memory on Nobita's Social Groups events... It would be great if the calendar add-on would have a calendar per Social Group and sync them as a bonus feature... ;)

Hoping we'll see this feature in an upcoming version?
Often we see event planning start with "Is anyone interested in ... ?" threads where discussion is had on appropriate/convenient date and place for all those interested, before it becomes an actual event. This thread is then 'lost/forgotten' when an event is created. If the planning thread could be converted to a new event, that would be great.

Back