Tickets Unregistered vs Registered Tickets

Freelancer

So.. I think this needs a little bit more thought to be efficient for practical application. I encounter some troubles that is just owed to the "simpleness" of the thinking of the users... they just do not care how things work if they are complicated.

I can confirm this. Unfortunately the users write tickets logged out, logged in, logged out... then complain that they have no access to their "unregistered" ticket while being logged in...

This is really hard to understand for the users... some kind of idiot proofing must be implemented here.

I dont know how much effort this would be, but if there would be a two step check on the database username and registered eMail and then an automatic association of the ticket to the existing user... that would be cool.

Method 1: User XYZ is not logged in and creates a ticket. When he sends the ticket, the system checks his username, his eMail. If it is already in use, it associates the ticket, so if he logs in the next time he has access.

Method 2: The ticket generates a code with which the ticket can be "claimed" later. When the user logs in, he can fill in the code into a search field and the ticket appears, he clicks "claim ticket" and it is associated to him.

Method 3: The moderator/admin manually associates the ticket to the user. But what happens when the users wants to access his ticket while being logged out (reasons could be "login problems"...)

A combination of the above methods would be best. The ticket code can be a password and helps to identify the ticket everywhere. Make it a 8-digit code with numbers and the alphabet.

This is not thought completely through... I just drop this here as inspiration and basis for discussion...

Upvote 1
Back