Tickets Fixed 1.5RC2: Queue "Sort and Filter" Menu: "Sort" does not work with "Desc"

When I change the sort setting and click on "Ascending" it works as it should, while when I switch to "Descending" it does not work (easily recognized because it should exactly change the direction to the opposite of "Asc" – which it does not). It looks like "Desc" has no sorting at all.

nf_tickets_filter_and_sort.jpg

This seems to work fine for me. If I set the sort to start date and an order of desc, earlier start dates will come first and the opposite for asc.

I suspect the actual confusion is that assigned tickets and unassigned tickets are sorted separately, which is probably an issue.

I suspect the actual confusion is that assigned tickets and unassigned tickets are sorted separately, which is probably an issue.

Oh, that could be the issue. I think then you should add a sort option for each "assigned/unassigned" tickets and for the "status" and make the sort orders absolut.

nf_tickets_filter_and_sort_optimized.jpg

I've fixed this by adding a separator between assigned tickets and unassigned tickets that should hopefully make the distinction clearer.

In addition, there's additional filtering options that'll merge both and then sort them.

adding a separator between assigned tickets and unassigned tickets
Hmmm... not quite sure if that improves anything. When I have 50 unassigned tickets and 20 assigned, would I need to change to the next pages then to see the items below the separator?

I still think that "last message date" asc/desc should be ultimatively absolute and not relative. I just really want to see the last ticket reply or the last started ticket, no matter what kind of ticket.

In addition, there's additional filtering options that'll merge both and then sort them.
I think "Assignment" should not be a sorting option at all, "Assigned to me", should be a filter type.

Sorting:
  • Last Reply Asc/Desc
  • Start Date Asc/Desc
Filters (that can be combined all together):
  • Assigned to me/member (me / username)
  • Status (Open, Pending, Resolved)
  • Priority (Low, Mid, High)
  • User (Ticket Starter)
This is much more clear.

Then I can filter – for example:
"Assigned to me" + "Staus: Pending" + "Priority: High" + "Ticket Starter: Danny"
and then sort them by start date or last replyasc/desc...​

...so I can see all tickets started by User Danny that were of High Priority and are still pending while I pick that ticket first which is pending for the longest time...
OR (if I leave the filters away...) I can just sort all tickets for last reply and start date...

...that would be really really helpful.

Last edited:
Hmmm... not quite sure if that improves anything. When I have 50 unassigned tickets and 20 assigned, would I need to change to the next pages then to see the items below the separator?
It works like stickied threads. For some of my staff, it was not always immediately obvious where assigned tickets ended and unassigned tickets started.
I still think that "last message date" asc/desc should be ultimatively absolute and not relative. I just really want to see the last ticket reply or the last started ticket, no matter what kind of ticket.
I prefer it the way it is but I'll throw in an option to merge assigned / unassigned.
I think "Assignment" should not be a sorting option at all, "Assigned to me", should be a filter type.

Sorting:
  • Last Reply Asc/Desc
  • Start Date Asc/Desc
Filters (that can be combined all together):
  • Assigned to me/member (me / username)
  • Status (Open, Pending, Resolved)
  • Priority (Low, Mid, High)
  • User (Ticket Starter)
This is much more clear.

Then I can filter – for example:
"Assigned to me" + "Staus: Pending" + "Priority: High" + "Ticket Starter: Danny"
and then sort them by start date or last replyasc/desc...
...so I can see all tickets started by User Danny that were of High Priority and are still pending while I pick that ticket first which is pending for the longest time...
OR (if I leave the filters away...) I can just sort all tickets for last reply and start date...

...that would be really really helpful.
That's exactly how it works.

Back