Tickets Fixed 1.6.1 Emails still got issues

Unfortunately it got worse now.

{starter} name is not shown... although the new phrases for html make it {owner} now... (Which might also might result into this other bug)

Also now there is a "bar" of white instead of the border-top...

ticket_emails.jpg

What are you using to customise your emails? The variable should be owner rather than starter.

The bar being white is also the same as normal XF emails.

The variable should be owner rather than starter.
I use a sub-language to the English default (customized English). Maybe your add-on only uses the default language.

I checked and it IS actually OWNER... so it is correct. Maybe the {starter} comes from another source of code.

I use a sub-language to the English default (customized English). Maybe your add-on only uses the default language.
Could you double check if you have outdated phrases? I could’ve sworn I changed all instances of {starter} to {owner} but I’m mobile at the moment so can’t confirm.

I checked for outdated phrases and changed them directly after the update as I realized the change to {owner}. But it has no effect.

Also notice that I made style modifications to increase the font-size of the {owner} name but that is also ignored as you see in the screenshot.

Could it be that it uses a default fallback or something instead of the html language phrase?

Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-31 um 10.21.17.jpg

Did you make that change in the top level language or the customised one? You’ll need to make sure it’s the top level one especially if the user has that one selected. All I can think of at the moment but I’ll refresh my memory later on when I look at the code.

The sub-language is the only language allowed and it is selected default by all. So it should work (it works with other add-ons).

Not so fast not so fast young Jedi... it still ignores my modification with <strong> tags and font-size:20px style...

...aaaand, the bar is away, but the 1px solid line above the buttons is back again...

Come to think of it, if you’re using the email customiser, can’t you just tweak the bar as you see fit?

It’s literally the same code as a default XF email template.

No, I can't because it only excepts ONE styling for everything that is sent out of the forum and the "content" area is filled by the content that the add-on produces. Regular XF templates and Emails from 100+ other add-ons work but the only one causing this is Tickets...

Another evidence that it is coming from the add-on is the CSS being INLINE in the HTML Structure of the Email...

See this screenshot of the raw email
Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-01 um 14.57.55.jpg

This is the html excerpt of both the "background-color" and the "border-top" causing this issue:
Code:
<table cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%" style="margin: 20px 0; background-color: #F7F5EF; border-top: 1px solid #E8E5DB;">

And again: If it is there, it can't be overwritten by the Email Customizer, because the Email customizer can only use CSS and you know that INLINE styling overrides the CSS sheet styling.

I’ll have to dig up my copy and see how it customises the CSS because again, the templates are almost identical to XF ones.

"Almost"... Yeah exactly... :D
You need to look into your template because it makes the

background-color: #F7F5EF;
border-top: 1px solid #E8E5DB;

Maybe the template is not correctly integrated so that the styling can not get a grip on that one.
But again, all other add-ons work... Ticket does not. That does not point to Email Customizer.

"Almost"... Yeah exactly... :D
Yeah because the phrases are different.
Maybe the template is not correctly integrated so that the styling can not get a grip on that one.
But again, all other add-ons work... Ticket does not. That does not point to Email Customizer.
I think you misunderstand my meaning. I am not saying there is a problem with Email Customizer. I'm saying I should have a look and see what it does to ensure Tickets plays nicely. :)

Here is another proof that it does not use a standard XF template... Look at the colors. To the eye they might be similar but in reality these are complete different colors!

Your template has:
background-color: #F7F5EF;
border-top: 1px solid #E8E5DB;

The official XF1 default style colors are:
background-color: #F0F7FC;
border-top: 1px solid #D7EDFC;

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-01 um 15.16.17.jpg

I'm saying I should have a look and see what it does to ensure Tickets plays nicely. :)
I appreciate that... :) Thanks for looking into it again.

ALL templates since 1.6.3
By the way 1.6.2 did NOT have the problem, only with one template.

Where is the template located? Is it a PHP generated template and where can I find it?

ALL templates since 1.6.3
By the way 1.6.2 did NOT have the problem, only with one template.
I suppose you mean 1.6.2 and 1.6.1 but yeah I'm not seeing those colours in my templates. o_O
Where is the template located? Is it a PHP generated template and where can I find it?
Enable debug mode, go to Development tab and find the Email Templates link towards the bottom of the page.

Back