Tickets Guest Tickets & Registration

Alpha1

A lot of the tickets we get are by guests who have trouble with the registration process. It is already possible to allow guests to open tickets. But when they register there will be an account with the same email. The software should connect the ticket to the registered account.

A lot of people need this function before they can use Tickets.

Upvote 0
This has been implemented in version 1.4.4.

Guests are able to create new tickets when the appropriate permissions have been assigned. The guest will need to enter a name and an email address. Once they have created their ticket, they will be given an ID and password that is also emailed to them. They will need these to view the ticket on subsequent visits (though a cookie is stored to save the login for a while for the sake of convenience).

In addition to this, guests will be able to post attachments with their tickets and these will only be viewable by those who have authenticated themselves with the ticket (i.e. a guest who has used the ID and password or a staff member with permission).

I'm still testing this all out and making small improvements since this is a pretty major feature but it works. :)

2c243e1fca0c4d46a158c316d0bdfb7f.png

This has been implemented in version 1.4.4.

Guests are able to create new tickets when the appropriate permissions have been assigned. The guest will need to enter a name and an email address. Once they have created their ticket, they will be given an ID and password that is also emailed to them. They will need these to view the ticket on subsequent visits (though a cookie is stored to save the login for a while for the sake of convenience).

In addition to this, guests will be able to post attachments with their tickets and these will only be viewable by those who have authenticated themselves with the ticket (i.e. a guest who has used the ID and password or a staff member with permission).

I'm still testing this all out and making small improvements since this is a pretty major feature but it works. :)

2c243e1fca0c4d46a158c316d0bdfb7f.png
Great News! Good job and Thanks

Reactions: Naz
Back