Tickets Fixed Private Category should not appear in category navigation widget

Same as we know it from forum nodes, a category that is set to "private" should not be displayed in the navigation menu unless the user or user group is specially granted permission to see it.

In RC4 it is not fixed. One can still see the private Categories in the Sidebar Categories Widget even if he has no permission.

This is somehow getting very odd... I set one category to "private"
Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-11 um 13.07.07.jpg
Then setting the primary user group (which is not "registered" but "club members" – to distinguish between club members and ordinary visitors) to this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-11 um 13.05.59.jpg

Now the category vanished from the category widget... it almost seems there is almost a reverse logic in the ticket permissions' logic...?

This is somehow getting very odd... I set one category to "private"
View attachment 325
Then setting the primary user group (which is not "registered" but "club members" – to distinguish between club members and ordinary visitors) to this:

View attachment 326

Now the category vanished from the category widget... it almost seems there is almost a reverse logic in the ticket permissions' logic...?
I've reworked some of the permission checking logic for the next release. I'll see if I can reproduce this with the new code.

Back