Discord Fixed Server Booster association issue

Affected version

Wasi

Anyone having the "Server Booster" role on our Discord server doesn't get automatically discord roles on associating discord(corresponding forum usergroups). As you may already know that "Server Booster" is automatically assigned to any user who supports the server by boosting it and discord doesn't allow server admins/owner to remove the "Server Booster" role.

Sounds like your bot role isn't higher than your server booster role in the roles hierarchy. Can you check if that's the case?

Server Booster role is managed and assigned by Discord. Any admin or the Owner cannot assign/remove Server Booster role. Furthermore, Server Booster doesn't have any special permissions which could make it superior than the bot.

I've also attached a screenshot of the bot's permissions

discord_bot.png

That's not what I asked. Go to Server Settings -> Roles and make sure the bot role is higher than the "Nitro Booster" role, like this:
Screenshot 2021-01-13 at 16.11.24.png

Are you experiencing this with a user who is already in the "Founder" role?

Are you experiencing this with a user who is already in the "Founder" role?
Yes.

But after moving BOT at the top in the roles hierarchy , BOT can add/remove Founder role (Working fine).
Let me explain this with another scenario; If an already associated user boosts the server. The user gets the Server Booster role on discord. When the user disassociates his/her discord account from forums then he loses all the roles except Server Booster (which is perfectly normal). However, when a user with Server Booster role associates his/her discord account with forums then he doesn't get automatically assigned to all the appropriate roles.
To conclude, BOT can remove roles from a user with Server Booster role but cannot give roles to a user with Server Booster role.

Last edited:
This should be sorted in 2.6.0.
Hey, we haven't been able to test it because we don't currently have a user boosting our server. However, since 2.6.0 update, when we assign a usergroup to a user on forums, that user automatically gets the role on discord as well. But the role doesn't get automatically removed when we try to remove the usergroup from their forum account.

Hey, we haven't been able to test it because we don't currently have a user boosting our server. However, since 2.6.0 update, when we assign a usergroup to a user on forums, that user automatically gets the role on discord as well. But the role doesn't get automatically removed when we try to remove the usergroup from their forum account.

Yeah, this is what my Web dude was saying as well from the other day. If we have someone in a subscriber group on the server (+membership), with access to a (+membership) Role on our Discord. However, if they unsubscribe and become a standard member they're not being downgraded to that on the Discord. We need it to update the user group but ignore other Discord roles.

Back