Tickets Release

Alpha1

Tickets is a great addon and I can recommend it to others. But when you use it on a busy site then you encounter quite a lot of issues that disturb the relationship with your users. I think that Tickets needs a release that deals with these issues. Some examples:

If you combine the issues above, then you see it entails quite a headache to deal with it all. Especially when one problem collides with others.

I know that you have a lot on your plate, but please address this by doing another big release for tickets after the calendar release.

Last edited:
I hope you and yours had a wonderful Holiday. Looking forward to what the New Year may bring... and for you I wish continued success, happiness and joy.

Reactions: Naz
I've gotten about 100 emails by now of the test ticket that had email notification which I can't cancel anymore, after it was permanently deleted...

I keep running into trouble with the following issues:
  1. people open a ticket while not logged in and once logged in cant find their ticket.
  2. no way to add someone to a ticket.
  3. people keep replying by email to their ticket because the email body is not trimmed and its not clear to the member that they need to go to the helpdesk.
  4. cant add predefined response to a ticket that I create for a user.
  5. 'any status' does not work in a category.
Please consider if you can address these issues in the next release.

Last edited:
I have a Tickets release I'm sitting on from before the holidays. Just need to once over it and I'll push it out. Thanks for your patience chaps.
I've gotten about 100 emails by now of the test ticket that had email notification which I can't cancel anymore, after it was permanently deleted...
This makes no sense and without further details, I can't tell you what's happening. Consider opening a ticket with me here or a thread in the bugs forum with as much detail as possible.

These work fine:
  • Allow profile posts to be converted to tickets. There is a new moderator permission for this that'll need to be granted
  • Add the ability to change the owner of a ticket
  • Staff with permission can now change a ticket's associated email for a user
  • Fix an issue where "Any" filter was not working correctly
This doesnt:
  • Responses can now be used when creating tickets
Response variables fail.

Back