Tickets Fixed 1.4.8 Reassigning tickets make them vanish from the Queue for the assignee

When I reassign a ticket to a moderator, the ticket is gone from the ticket queue index. As soon as I unassign or reassign it to another moderator, he can see the ticket again.

Can either one of you guys provide some more detailed reproduction steps, please? I've tried to reproduce this but I can't see an issue.

Ticket Queue with all unassigned Tickets. Watch the Ticket with the Red Flag...

Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-27 um 14.08.23.jpg
Going into the ticket and Reassigning it to myself, the Admin.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-27 um 14.08.48.jpg

Then going back to the Ticket Queue... it's gone...

Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-27 um 14.09.03.jpg

Reproduce:

Settings: Admins, Moderators, and "Ticket Users" group.

Give ONLY Ticket Users group permission to use the ticketing queue/management system.

Ticket Users can use the queue/management system, but admins/moderators are listed under "assign" despite not being able to access the queue/management system.

I can reproduce this when assigning a ticket to a moderator who has no permission to view the ticket.

The current reassign view assumes that you're going to assign to a moderator / admin but that's a bit silly considering there are different use cases, etc.

There are two options here, either change the dropdown list to a freeform textbox that accepts usernames. On submission of the form, the system will check if the user has permission to be assigned to that ticket and assign it to them. Alternatively, allow anyone to be assigned to a ticket and grant them temporary view and reply privileges while they are assigned.

Thoughts?

Regardless, it's fixed in the next version.

Once you attempt to reassign a ticket, the receiver's permissions will be checked to make sure they can view it rather than just blindly assigning it.

Back