Is Rosters Dead?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Freelancer, Feb 28, 2018.

1. SeToY

SeToY Well-Known Member

What about that? :p

2. NixFifty

NixFifty Administrator Staff Member

There isn’t currently an upgrade path but it’s the last thing I need to finish or at least look in to the feasibility of. I’m hoping to get that wrapped up this weekend and get it up on the store. :)

SeToY likes this.
  3. SuperJew

SuperJew Member

Is there anyway that we can get an update?

SeToY likes this.
  4. SuperJew

SuperJew Member

5. SuperJew

SuperJew Member

Can you update us on the progress of the next release?

6. SuperJew

SuperJew Member

Hope to this soon... we really need this update...

SeToY and Freelancer like this.
  7. SuperJew

SuperJew Member

Can you supply any update as to a release date?

8. SuperJew

SuperJew Member

Would like to know if we are going to see the update soon?

9. Redh

Redh Member

I share your frustration, but does it even matter whether Nixfifty replies at this stage? He's been saying the update is coming within a couple of weeks since at least February if not before, as well as promising this was the next software of his to get an update.

I don't think he intentionally lies, but his project management skills are diabolical. It makes me really question whether to even install the add-on when it is launched, as I really don't want to rely on him for a part of my website.

10. SuperJew

SuperJew Member

I agree... The update was posted today, but it seems as though there are still a few errors that need some attention.... Hopefully it doesn't take months to get the problems attended to...

11. Redh

Redh Member

Well I'm glad the update was posted, and as I said I think Nixfifty has the best intentions. He could have disappeared easily enough after the PE split, but here he is still working on things.

Unfortunately two weeks ago I upgraded my test forum to XF2, so I am not going to be trying Rosters again until it has also been updated.

Best of luck!

12. Freelancer

Freelancer Well-Known Member

@NixFifty thanks for updating Rosters. It made some progress as far I can see on the first glance. Will post some bugs now. ;)

13. SeToY

SeToY Well-Known Member

Is it worth upgrading from the old version though?

14. Freelancer

Freelancer Well-Known Member

I did not find any major flaws (Server Errors, Installer Errors) yet. It seems to work. There are some bugs though.I'll post them for you... ;)

SeToY likes this.
  15. SeToY

SeToY Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reports. I think I'll refrain from updating as of now, since this looks like it's rather unpolished... I, myself, have reported several (some of them severe) bugs in other add-ons with no fix in sight. yikes.