Calendar vbulletin imported dates are wrong

The vbulletin import completed. However, the start dates of many events are moved forward in time. For example:
Oct 2, 2008 at 11:00 AM → Oct 4, 2008 at 6:00 PM
Was imported as:
Oct 2, 2018 at 11:00 AM → Oct 4, 2008 at 6:00 PM

Nov 30, 2015 at 11:00 AM → 11:00 PM
Was imported as:
Nov 30, 2018 at 11:00 AM → 11:00 PM

Recurring events are imported as:
Feb 12, 2019 at 11:00 PM → Mar 13, 2037 at 12:00 AM
This event was started in 2006.

All events are listed as updated today.

Could you get the SQL for a bunch of affected rows from the original vB table and PM them to me? I don't really do any data manipulation to the start / end dates, they're literally imported as is from the vB table.

In vb DB:
dateline_from: 1139803200
Which is: GMT: Monday, February 13, 2006 4:00:00 AM

Displays in NF Calendar as:
Feb 12, 2019 at 11:00 PM

When I rebuild events / calendars, there is no change.
However, when I edit the event and save it, to displays the correct date.

In vb DB:
dateline_from: 1139803200
Which is: GMT: Monday, February 13, 2006 4:00:00 AM

Displays in NF Calendar as:
Feb 12, 2019 at 11:00 PM

When I rebuild events / calendars, there is no change.
However, when I edit the event and save it, to displays the correct date.
Ah this is helpful, I can reproduce it now. Were these all recurring events?

Yes, this seems to be the case for the handful events I checked. I'm not 100% sure because the only events I can see in a list are recurring events. Is there a way to see a list of past events without browsing through a decade?

Is there a way to see a list of past events without browsing through a decade?
No but I can add that as a filter.

From my limited testing, this will only happen on recurring events. vBulletin does not support end dates for recurring events so when you import it in to my add-on, the add-on will display the next occurence of that event. I'll need to come up with a better way to handle that.

Yeah, the year 2037 as an end date also doesn't make sense for recurring events. I can see how that made sense in 2007. But not in 2018. Not a big deal though.

This was not fixed in the new release.
That's why it's not in the resolved forum. :)

I haven't really had the development time to cook up a proper solution for this and test it due to RL commitments.

My initial thoughts for a possible solution would probably just be to set an end date for the recurrence (I guess the day of import) and leave it there. Unless you can think of something that I'm potentially overlooking?

The main problem is that the entries need to be resaved/rebuild after import so that the correct dates appear. After that it will work.
The current rebuild process doesn't do this. So either the import process needs to be adjusted to immediately display the imported dates or there needs to be a rebuild to make it display the imported dates.

As I see it vb sets an end date of 2037 even when no end date exists. Some events are infinite. For example if your site is about poets, then the birthday of an important poet may be a recurring event.

Last edited:
The current rebuild process doesn't do this. So either the import process needs to be adjusted to immediately display the imported dates or there needs to be a rebuild to make it display the imported dates.
Ah, I get what you mean. Should be an easy fix.

Back