Calendar XF2 - Calendar Suggestions

nik

Throwing in my laundry list that I communicated to you via PC for the newly minted XF2 Calendar. I'm going by what I've tested on your Calendar demo here so apologies if already implemented etc.

1. XenAtendo 2 importer (Jaxel's calendar addon) which is the ONLY other XF2 calendar out there so you should consider supporting it.

2. Desperately needs some location filters preferably in the side bar. I will have a few hundred events across many states and provinces so will be a challenge to filter for the user. You'd want to have an Events near me input field as well as some sort of Geo filter (at a minimum: Country, State/Province, City).
Events Filter sidebar block:
a. Calendar Selector: All, Multiple, Single,
b. Country (Defaulted to user defined value | ALL | Selected),
c. State/Province: (Defaulted to user preference | ALL | Multiple | Single Selected),
d. City: (Defaulted to user preference | ALL | Multiple | Single Selected)

Events Near Me Block:
Address Field: Enter address
Radius: Show only events within XX kms/miles

Show only Events I've RSVP'd To:
Going | Maybe | Not Going

3. My Events sidebar block would be handy i.e. events you've RSVP'd to as well as Events you've created. This would give you easy access to all your events and all events you've RSVP'd to.
--> My Events:
...... List all your future events
--> Events I'm going to
..... List All Going Events
--> Events I'm Maybe on
... List All Maybe Events

4. Save Calendar View i.e. if user switches to List View for example that should be retained as the user preference.

5. Link existing thread to an event

6. Assign event ownership to another member

7. Event collaboration - allow multiple owners of a single event. This would be highly usefl.

8. Multi date and multi location event support.
a. Optional Start location and End Location of a single Event with optional waypoints.
b. Start date and end date of a single event (i.e. spans multiple days)

9. Full width widget of upcoming events with create event shortcuts. Sidebar widget with upcoming events and create event shortcut.

10. Featured events - promotable by usergroup

11. Custom event fields i.e event ticket links, more info etc.

12. Add Event type Google Structured Data (can't insert links in your forum but go to developers @ google and search for event structured data)

Last edited:
Upvote 5
Before I break these out @NixFifty any updates on this beta, is there another beta? Where can I buy it? Why is the sky blue? Been a couple of weeks so have a couple of week's worth of questions...

Don't worry about breaking them out, I've already started implementing some of them.

I've almost finished working out the kinks with the new version of FullCalendar and that'll be when the next beta is ready. :)

Don't worry about breaking them out, I've already started implementing some of them.

I've almost finished working out the kinks with the new version of FullCalendar and that'll be when the next beta is ready. :)

Any rough ETA on this new beta? I'm getting pretty slammed with events now (Spring/Summer season is super busy) so would really want to start transitioning folks onto your undoubtedly A No 1 calendar system from Jaxel's. You'll get plenty of feedback sharpish, that's a guarantee :)

Any rough ETA on this new beta? I'm getting pretty slammed with events now (Spring/Summer season is super busy) so would really want to start transitioning folks onto your undoubtedly A No 1 calendar system from Jaxel's. You'll get plenty of feedback sharpish, that's a guarantee :)
Sometime next week. I'm travelling at the moment but once I get back, I'll be releasing it. :)

Reactions: nik
Sorry, I was meant to come back and update this thread but spaced.

I've noticed some underlying performance issues when using FC4 compared to FC3 that need to be looked in to so that's what has held this up. I've decided I'll just roll it back for now and use the older version of FullCalendar and once the remaining issues have been sorted, switch back to v4.

In the interim, I've actually knocked out some of the items on the list in the OP and some of the more popular ones outside of this thread so it's not been a total loss.

I just need to wire up recurring events to work with FC3 again and then we're good to go. Sorry for the radio silence!

Reactions: frm
Sorry, I was meant to come back and update this thread but spaced.

I've noticed some underlying performance issues when using FC4 compared to FC3 that need to be looked in to so that's what has held this up. I've decided I'll just roll it back for now and use the older version of FullCalendar and once the remaining issues have been sorted, switch back to v4.

In the interim, I've actually knocked out some of the items on the list in the OP and some of the more popular ones outside of this thread so it's not been a total loss.

I just need to wire up recurring events to work with FC3 again and then we're good to go. Sorry for the radio silence!

Any updates?

Back