Calendar release

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Mouth, May 28, 2018.

1. NixFifty

NixFifty Administrator Staff Member

Feel free to wait. I’ve been a little busy recently so haven’t been as vocal around here but fixing that link and allowing old events to be surfaced better is something I’ll be working on.

FWIW, it wasn’t clear in the dead link thread but I did figure out what was meant. The dead link is actually on the sidebar widget, not the navtabs.

2. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Ahhh, I don't use sidebar nav :)

3. ALfa1

ALfa1 Well-Known Member

I don't use navtabs. :) People don't see that anyway. Example relating to reviews and showcase navtabs on a random :p site:
    Screenshot_2018-10-28 Resources from Mouth.png
    I had 20 Navtabs before I cut it out of my site.

Mouth likes this.
  4. Freelancer

Freelancer Well-Known Member

I can confirm that.

5. Freelancer

An update with the most major bug fixes would be much appreciated. So I can launch it on my board. :)

6. NixFifty

Lots of updates coming this weekend. :)

Mouth, ALfa1 and Freelancer like this.
  7. Freelancer

Then money will be coming your way too... ;)

8. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Last weekend, or this one coming? ;):)

Edwin, ALfa1 and Freelancer like this.
  9. NixFifty

I wanted to do last weekend but got bogged down troubleshooting some pesky integration issues with my other add-ons.

I'm aiming for this weekend now. :)

10. Freelancer

Tomorrow is weekend again :D

Mouth likes this.
  11. ALfa1

ALfa1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, and the week after. And the week thereafter. @NixFifty is a true master at getting our hopes and anticipation up only to teach us the true reality of anticlimax.

Mouth likes this.
  12. NixFifty

Sorry chaps! Release incoming. :)

13. ALfa1

ALfa1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update.

It would be nice if it were possible to finally replace FS events with NF calendar. FS Events still has sidebar widget functionality that NF Calendar still does not.
    1. NF Calendar displays user avatars in the widget, while the user is mostly not the organizer. i.e. the avatar should not be displayed. Display the event logo or nothing.
    2. NF Calendar has a setting to display fields in the widget, but this fails. Its useless to only display event title and date. There needs to be some information that allows the reader to understand what & where the event is. i.e. location, event type, genre.
    3. FS Events can display a preview text snippet.
    IMHO the widget is quite pointless now.

The absence of a date filter blocks us from seeing past events:
    https://nixfifty.com/threads/date-picker-filter-that-will-allow-us-to-filter-past-events.8693/
    This is something we really need, because we need to check the events from the past year to see if those occur next year.

14. BassMan

BassMan New Member

Hi,

sorry, not sure, are we talking about Calendar for XF2? I'd like to test it out for my needs. I have one Calendar now, but I really don't like its unresponsive dev...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018 at 8:08 PM
  15. NixFifty

This discussion is for the XenForo 1 version of the add-on. The XF2 version is currently in private testing but I'll open it up to existing license holders in the coming weeks.

BassMan, Mouth, Edwin and 1 other person like this.
  16. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

XF2.1 compatible?

17. NixFifty

Yup, fully supports XF2.1 features like reactions, bookmarks and the API. :)

BassMan and Mouth like this.