Tickets Standalone Email Settings to Accept Email Replies

Freelancer

This would be some major upgrade:

Have your own Ticket eMail System where you can assign a specific Email which is not board admin and accept users to reply to Ticket Emails while any Email reply received is then automatically converted into an actual Ticket Post reply.

I have a lot of users that keep answering the Ticket Emails directly instead of going to the forum, logging in and replying in the Ticket. This feature would make it fool proof. And the world is full of them.

Upvote 0
While I can see why you would want this feature, its far from fool proof. The problem is that people dont read. Nor do they find every email they get. They dont look in spam or mark as spam without looking.
And since there is no longer a reason to go to the ticket, they will miss replies. Get angry you don't reply. Then you reply again. And they again post an angry email that no one is replying to them. This happened to us several times a week.

But I can see why some admins would want email piping. In essence its a great concept. The problem lies with people using email.

It would probably require this one to be implemented:
Category Email
At least that's how it worked for Kayako: each category had its own email piping.

Back